Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: CFN take on Bama vs. AM

rather funny, is it not, that when we're beating everyone by 3 touchdowns we're overrated because we haven't beaten anyone worth beating and when we rally to win our worst performance of the season against the best team on our schedule who is our biggest current rival in the toughest place to play in the country and we're overrated because we didn't win by 3 touchdowns.

WHATEVER!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Number one in the nation in scoring defense and we're over rated. Hmmmm....ok.

I hope we're also over rated in the final poll.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Number one in the nation in scoring defense and we're over rated. Hmmmm....ok.

I hope we're also over rated in the final poll.
    Come on Alasippi, did you really think the writer of that article was calling us overrated?
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Remember what CNS said in his post game presser??? He said we played "our worst game of the year" (paraphrased)

We turned the ball over twice (once right after we went on a 90 yard drive and the other on the LSU's seven yl with TJ having a clear path to the endzone)
    Was 1-9 on 3rd downs
    Only had the ball 20 minutes
    D was on the field 40 minutes
    AJ was "off" for the first time all year

We play up to our normal standard and, the quality opponent notwithstanding, we would have won the LSU game comfortably.

I think it will be a tough game against A&M because of the mental and physical fatigue, but what are the odds we have another game like LSU the rest of the year???

My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Come on Alasippi, did you really think the writer of that article was calling us overrated?
    Red...I honestly do because he was referring to the large amount of yardage we gave up Saturday night which we hadn't done all year. It's a possibilty that he was being sarcastic but normally a writer will clarify that with a "being facetious of course" or the like.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly think he was being serious.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jnhgiela View Post
    Everyone seems to think Bama was exposed. What was exposed was simply AJ being way inaccurate for the first time this year (maybe a sore shoulder from the drop he took last game?). All those 3-and-outs kept the defense on the field against a great offensive gameplan. If AJ can hit his throws this game, everything will be back to normal.
    We need to put together 2-3 6-8 minute drives in the first half and we will be just fine. Folks, that close call last Sat. night is going to help a lot more than a blowout would.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Red...I honestly do because he was referring to the large amount of yardage we gave up Saturday night which we hadn't done all year. It's a possibilty that he was being sarcastic but normally a writer will clarify that with a "being facetious of course" or the like.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I honestly think he was being serious.

Did you read the entire article, even the What Will Happen paragraph?

He makes an outlandish statement about us being exposed against LSU and being overrated, and follows it up with ....whatever. He then proceeds to explain why we aren't overrated and that last week was an aberration. Then he picks up to blow A&M out.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

I think he's pretty close on his predicted score. I don't disrespect A&M and I realize our defense was way off last week, but I don't think 1 bad week makes a trend. We'll see.

BamaNation First Team

Link Re: CFN take on Bama vs. AM

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Did you read the entire article, even the What Will Happen paragraph?

He makes an outlandish statement about us being exposed against LSU and being overrated, and follows it up with ....whatever. He then proceeds to explain why we aren't overrated and that last week was an aberration. Then he picks up to blow A&M out.
    ... redstar, well put

... figured you would end up having to quote the text for those who won't read it for themselves

... this CFN article might be more palatable for the previous posters that were offended by the article in the original link
    Bama's Back

Quote Originally Posted by jnhgiela View Post
    Everyone seems to think Bama was exposed. What was exposed was simply AJ being way inaccurate for the first time this year (maybe a sore shoulder from the drop he took last game?). All those 3-and-outs kept the defense on the field against a great offensive gameplan. If AJ can hit his throws this game, everything will be back to normal.
    The real beauty of the LSU win, was that even though we got a win, Saban gets to keep telling the players "I told you so" about any feelings they may have had about being invincible. We all know the drill about LSU having an extra week to gameplan and more importantly, get rest and heal bumps and bruises. We played poorly, yet still were good enough to defeat the #5 team on their turf at night. That is what the smart coaches saw last Saturday night. Only the jealous & the haters are putting out the spin of "Bama showed weakness and vulnerability".
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

very clever dig at the Barn:

"Of course, A.J. McCarron engineered the legendary drive, the Tide survived, and now all they need is a win this week or against Auburn in late November to represent the West and play for the SEC title, meaning all they need is a win this week to go 12-0."

My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by oskie View Post
    ... redstar, well put

... figured you would end up having to quote the text for those who won't read it for themselves

... this CFN article might be more palatable for the previous posters that were offended by the article in the original link
    "You can look at the Alabama comeback win over LSU in a few ways. Either the Tide showed it could find something deep when everything was going wrong, proving it could handle adversity, or else the team became vulnerable. LSU was able to throw the ball around the yard better than anyone has against a Nick Saban defense in two years, the lines were more physical, and there but for the grace of a few questionable coaching decisions by Les Miles there would have been a massive shake up at the top of the polls"

"A&M won’t blast the Tide off the ball like LSU did, but the offensive front is still one of the strongest in the country and should be able to hold its own against the phenomenal defensive front."

My friend I read the article thank you. Maybe you should too. By the way...I quoted these points so you might can see that the writer was downing Bama. The only sarcastic remark I interpreted was above, when he wrote "Phenomenal defensive front".
    In other words he was saying "If Bama's so phenomenal and not over rated then how did an inferior LSU O-line blow them off the ball"

He called our defense "Overblown and over rated". In other words over hyped as a defense.

No disrespect intended but if you're going to insult another poster maybe you need to get your facts straight.

That writer was NOT being sarcastic he was putting Bama down much like Skip Bayless does.

BamaNation All-American REBELZED's Avatar

"You can look at the Alabama comeback win over LSU in a few ways. Either the Tide showed it could find something deep when everything was going wrong, proving it could handle adversity, or else the team became vulnerable. LSU was able to throw the ball around the yard better than anyone has against a Nick Saban defense in two years, the lines were more physical, and there but for the grace of a few questionable coaching decisions by Les Miles there would have been a massive shake up at the top of the polls"

"A&M won’t blast the Tide off the ball like LSU did, but the offensive front is still one of the strongest in the country and should be able to hold its own against the phenomenal defensive front."

My friend I read the article thank you. Maybe you should too. By the way...I quoted these points so you might can see that the writer was downing Bama. The only sarcastic remark I interpreted was above, when he wrote "Phenomenal defensive front".
    In other words he was saying "If Bama's so phenomenal and not over rated then how did an inferior LSU O-line blow them off the ball"

He called our defense "Overblown and over rated". In other words over hyped as a defense.

No disrespect intended but if you're going to insult another poster maybe you need to get your facts straight.

That writer was NOT being sarcastic he was putting Bama down much like Skip Bayless does.
    I don't see anything inaccurate or disrespectful in either of those quotes. And the writer followed "overblown and overrated" with "...whatever" meaning there were people saying those things but the writer doesn't believe them. There are articles/writers out there that like to take shots at Alabama, but I don't think this was one of them at all...
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    — Alabama Coach Nick Saban