CFN take on Bama vs. AM

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think he's pretty close on his predicted score. I don't disrespect A&M and I realize our defense was way off last week, but I don't think 1 bad week makes a trend. We'll see.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Did you read the entire article, even the What Will Happen paragraph?

He makes an outlandish statement about us being exposed against LSU and being overrated, and follows it up with ....whatever. He then proceeds to explain why we aren't overrated and that last week was an aberration. Then he picks up to blow A&M out.
... redstar, well put

... figured you would end up having to quote the text for those who won't read it for themselves :wink:

... this CFN article might be more palatable for the previous posters that were offended by the article in the original link :D

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Everyone seems to think Bama was exposed. What was exposed was simply AJ being way inaccurate for the first time this year (maybe a sore shoulder from the drop he took last game?). All those 3-and-outs kept the defense on the field against a great offensive gameplan. If AJ can hit his throws this game, everything will be back to normal.
The real beauty of the LSU win, was that even though we got a win, Saban gets to keep telling the players "I told you so" about any feelings they may have had about being invincible. We all know the drill about LSU having an extra week to gameplan and more importantly, get rest and heal bumps and bruises. We played poorly, yet still were good enough to defeat the #5 team on their turf at night. That is what the smart coaches saw last Saturday night. Only the jealous & the haters are putting out the spin of "Bama showed weakness and vulnerability".

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
very clever dig at the Barn:

"Of course, A.J. McCarron engineered the legendary drive, the Tide survived, and now all they need is a win this week or against Auburn in late November to represent the West and play for the SEC title, meaning all they need is a win this week to go 12-0."

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
... redstar, well put

... figured you would end up having to quote the text for those who won't read it for themselves :wink:

... this CFN article might be more palatable for the previous posters that were offended by the article in the original link :D
"You can look at the Alabama comeback win over LSU in a few ways. Either the Tide showed it could find something deep when everything was going wrong, proving it could handle adversity, or else the team became vulnerable. LSU was able to throw the ball around the yard better than anyone has against a Nick Saban defense in two years, the lines were more physical, and there but for the grace of a few questionable coaching decisions by Les Miles there would have been a massive shake up at the top of the polls"

"A&M won’t blast the Tide off the ball like LSU did, but the offensive front is still one of the strongest in the country and should be able to hold its own against the phenomenal defensive front."

My friend I read the article thank you. Maybe you should too. By the way...I quoted these points so you might can see that the writer was downing Bama. The only sarcastic remark I interpreted was above, when he wrote "Phenomenal defensive front".
In other words he was saying "If Bama's so phenomenal and not over rated then how did an inferior LSU O-line blow them off the ball"

He called our defense "Overblown and over rated". In other words over hyped as a defense.

No disrespect intended but if you're going to insult another poster maybe you need to get your facts straight.

That writer was NOT being sarcastic he was putting Bama down much like Skip Bayless does.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
"You can look at the Alabama comeback win over LSU in a few ways. Either the Tide showed it could find something deep when everything was going wrong, proving it could handle adversity, or else the team became vulnerable. LSU was able to throw the ball around the yard better than anyone has against a Nick Saban defense in two years, the lines were more physical, and there but for the grace of a few questionable coaching decisions by Les Miles there would have been a massive shake up at the top of the polls"

"A&M won’t blast the Tide off the ball like LSU did, but the offensive front is still one of the strongest in the country and should be able to hold its own against the phenomenal defensive front."

My friend I read the article thank you. Maybe you should too. By the way...I quoted these points so you might can see that the writer was downing Bama. The only sarcastic remark I interpreted was above, when he wrote "Phenomenal defensive front".
In other words he was saying "If Bama's so phenomenal and not over rated then how did an inferior LSU O-line blow them off the ball"

He called our defense "Overblown and over rated". In other words over hyped as a defense.

No disrespect intended but if you're going to insult another poster maybe you need to get your facts straight.

That writer was NOT being sarcastic he was putting Bama down much like Skip Bayless does.
I don't see anything inaccurate or disrespectful in either of those quotes. And the writer followed "overblown and overrated" with "...whatever" meaning there were people saying those things but the writer doesn't believe them. There are articles/writers out there that like to take shots at Alabama, but I don't think this was one of them at all...

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Bama defense overrated?

They just beat a top ten team who was at home and NEVER loses at night in death valley........were on the field all night because the Bama offense couldn't convert a third down........against a QB that was throwing with laser accuracy all of a sudden.....against a team that was EMBARRASSED 21-0 in their last game with Bama.....two momentum killing turnovers by TRUE freshmen................all that headwind against them, and the Bama defense only gave up 17 points last Saturday.

Overrated!

Last edited:

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
"... My friend I read the article thank you. Maybe you should too. By the way...I quoted these points so you might can see that the writer was downing Bama. The only sarcastic remark I interpreted was above, when he wrote "Phenomenal defensive front".

No disrespect intended but if you're going to insult another poster maybe you need to get your facts straight...

... if you feel i have insulted you, then i offer my apology

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.