Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team AlabasterBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Aggies fans opinion and prediction

Been trolling over on the aggies message boards tonight. If it isn't kosher I'm sure Earle will let me know

think our offense matches up really well with Bama. Could be wrong but heres why:

Bama's DEs are very slow and honestly not that impressive at the pass rush. JFF will be able to run around them quite a bit I think if they try to do what LSU and Ole Miss did to us. JFF honestly thrives on the blitz so bringing extra guys probably isn't a good solution for them. They will have to have at least 1 spy, probably 2 to fully contain JFF - and if they do that they open up a lot of ability to pass... Which leads to the second point.

Their secondary is their weakness. I really think we will have a good amount of success passing on them. If they take out LBers and get out of the base formation I think we may get a good running game going.

In their base formation I cant imagine us being successful running on them no matter the offense we have. I think we match up better against Bama's defense than we did LSU's or Florida's.

The issue is that Bama's offense is going to be hard for us to stop I think. They are just so balanced and we struggle through the air and AJ is such a good passer. I will say something positive I see is that AJ seems a lot like Tyler Russell as a passer, but obviously Bama's rush game and just Oline in general is much better. This is where the game will probably be decided, in my opinion.
    WINNER: A&M 38
    ALABAMA 24

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Aggies fans opinion and prediction

I really think AM will get some yards and points on us--but beat us by 14pts? Even in a worse case scenario, I don't see that happening. Their players are very athletic but they don't have anywhere near the size that we do. There is a reason that they lost to Florida and LSU--and I think that will be the same factor in them losing saturday night.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Second Team AlabasterBama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

I agree with A&M getting yards and some points, but 38 points? I really believe we will try to limit the opportunities for them to have the ball by pounding the football with our Oline and RB. That is a favorable match up for us.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

That sounds like the typical Big 12-Arena League scouting of Alabama. That is conpletely inaccurate.

They will get some yards to crow about on Sunday but no victory. Honestly that sounds like a teenager's opinion more than someone who actually understands football.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    When's the last time we gave up over 5 TD's?
    RTR!

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar
    We've given up 38+ twice in the past nine seasons and I don't see it happening again on Saturday.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

I was browsing some of their boards...and I am surprised they were making fun of the state of Alabama. I thought they were better than that...but nope. I am from Texas, so I definitely don't like their representation.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I was browsing some of their boards...and I am surprised they were making fun of the state of Alabama. I thought they were better than that...but nope. I am from Texas, so I definitely don't like their representation.
    This is typical of other teams. They can't really make fun of our football so they attack our citizens instead. Sad really.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation All-American

I'm surprised they think we only score 24. LSU has a top 3 defense and we scored 21 there. Texas A&M is barely top 50. We'll probably break 40.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive1 on TideFans.com

A&M scored a combined 36 points against LSU/Florida at home and lost both games, and this guy thinks TAMU is going to stroll into BDS and put down 38 points against Bama, a defense that is looking to regain it's dominant self? This guy: A. doesn't know football and B. haven't watch Bama football. Either way, if I want analysis of Bama football, I'd stick to Jess columns. So I want this TAMU fan to underestimate Bama's defense, cause I want him to be shocked at how wrong his analysis is about Bama's defense.

This guy will be in for a rude awakening when he see his team struggle to reach 17 points against Bama. Three teams have beaten Alabama at home since 2008, and TAMU will not be the fourth.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation Second Team TideLegacy's Avatar

If that was taken from TexAgs.com that would explain it, students and generally idiots that are sill reading too much into the LSU-Bama game.

If you want more reasoned prediction/analysis go to AgTimes.com

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Our DE's are slow? I remember last year an LSU player said our LB's were slow and in the two games against LSU, they were held to only 9 points. Alabama can't be that slow.

Alabama had no problem shutting down Denard Robinson and every other QB this season, with the exception of Mettenberger. And the only RB to do any real damage to Alabama was Jeremy Hill from LSU. I don't see why they'll have a problem with Johnny Manziel and their RB's.
    Last edited by KrimsonNinja; November 7th, 2012 at 11:02 PM.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm a little irritated. I hope we crush them.