Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Aggies fans opinion and prediction

They talk like we have no idea how to stop a dual threat quarterback. It's like we haven't played a Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Denard Robinson. Honestly, it's going to be an interesting game, but I highly doubt they will put more than 21 on us. I still think we win by more than two touchdowns.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    This is typical of other teams. They can't really make fun of our football so they attack our citizens instead. Sad really.
    Ever been to the great Bryan/College Station consolidated metropolitan area? It's a bigger version of Auburn/Opelika with a slightly higher ratio of beltbuckle weight/tooth (lbs. per unit). However, they do lead the nation in the production of hubris and radiators for 2-cycle air-cooled lawnmowers.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation Second Team snake plissken's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They are a little too confident with their QB. Bama shutdown Dernard Robinson and he is a senior and every bit as electric as Manzel. Not sure how a freshman can do what a senior couldn't??

BamaNation First Team MightyWingman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Whichever Aggie that said your DE's are slow knows nothing about football and probably should keep their opinions to themselves. I do think that we'll score some points on you, I know it might sound crazy...but I think we will get around 28 points on you. Unfortunately, I think we'll give up 42 or more points. So therefore, I think the score will be 42-28 with Alabama winning the game in the second half. Our (A&M's) defense is good, but we have almost zero quality depth and we'll get worn down by your starters and depth (most of whom could be starters for other major programs). I grew up watching Alabama football and have always wanted you all to win. My sister attended your school and graduated with 2 degrees, so Bama holds a soft spot in my heart. Too bad for me, they will break my heart if they beat my Aggies. I do think that we'll give you one heck of a game though, or at least hope so.

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideLegacy View Post
    If that was taken from TexAgs.com that would explain it, students and generally idiots that are sill reading too much into the LSU-Bama game.

If you want more reasoned prediction/analysis go to AgTimes.com
    TexAgs is a joke. Went on there one time when aTm came to the SEC and I quickly realized why UT fans can't stand them. They were all talking about how BAMA was like Texas. They all were kissing AU's butt, saying how they had so much in common with the barn. On a side, I can't believe the idiots that pay to listen/watch Billy Liucci's show. He is proof any idiot can have a show on the internet.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Nerdy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWingman View Post
    Whichever Aggie that said your DE's are slow knows nothing about football and probably should keep their opinions to themselves. I do think that we'll score some points on you, I know it might sound crazy...but I think we will get around 28 points on you. Unfortunately, I think we'll give up 42 or more points. So therefore, I think the score will be 42-28 with Alabama winning the game in the second half. Our (A&M's) defense is good, but we have almost zero quality depth and we'll get worn down by your starters and depth (most of whom could be starters for other major programs). I grew up watching Alabama football and have always wanted you all to win. My sister attended your school and graduated with 2 degrees, so Bama holds a soft spot in my heart. Too bad for me, they will break my heart if they beat my Aggies. I do think that we'll give you one heck of a game though, or at least hope so.
    No offense but Aggies couldn't score more than 19 points against either LSU or Florida and that is at your place, what makes you think TAMU will score 28 points at BDS? I cannot say it won't happen, but I will say it's unlikely you guys score more than 20 points against Bama.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com
    It's as expected. Them wanting to beat Bama has blinded them of what actually happens on the field.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I hope they have firm grasp of the rope...oh that coach is already gone!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

One of the funniest things, is they don't give us credit for a good offense. They are looking at this last game and thinking we are an average offense. I even saw them say our running backs are nothing special. They are giving their defense too much credit, to think they are anything like LSU. And this isn't played in Death Valley.

Can't wait till they see Yeldon in person. And if Lacey is healthy, they will learn the term "circle button".
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Like any well coached team the Ags are getting better as the season goes along. Can they score a lot of points? Yes. Will they score a lot of points? Don't know. Looking at the LSU offensive gameplan and determining that a no-huddle spread offense will be able to do the same is kind of short sighted to me. The defensive plan of attack will be totally opposite. There will be minimal pressure on JM to keep him in front of us and make him throw the ball. If the front gets to him, so be it. Where JM will be successful is when we play man and he escapes, then you can expect big yards from him (he is lightning quick). He has held up to the physical play really well so far this year, unfortunately for the Ags he may be due that hit that rattles the noggin a little.

I fully expect to see Alabama lean on the Ags in the running game, slowing the game down and tiring out the Ag defense, with the occasional play action deep pass to keep everyone where they should be. I fully expect the Alabama defense to rebound and play better on third down to keep this offense exactly where we want them to be: On the sidelines with Gatorade cups in their hands.
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I think they're going to be surprised when they get a real taste of Bama football up close and personal. I've been hoping they would be the exception to the rule and not hate Bama like almost every other team does but probably not going to happen.
    Bamabww

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Opinions vary, I guess. I refuse to give up on our defense (or offense, for that matter) based on one performance. In the end, both our offense and defense did what they had to, when they had to in order to win the game. It took us 49 seconds to drive down the field and regain the lead Saturday night, leaving LSU 45 seconds to do the same. Our defense absolutely crushed them. When the game was on the line.

All of the experts last week predicted that LSU would have to play a perfect game in order to have a chance to win, which they did. And we still won. There's a reason LSU's ranked higher than aTm. I just don't see aTm lighting us up in our stadium.
    RTR

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lurking on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWingman View Post

Wingman, AF pilot or Naval Aviator? At any rate, thanks for your service. I'm sure down the line that A&M will win some games against Bama (not anytime too soon, I hope), but A&M is in the SEC West now, and you'll have to learn like the rest of us, that, it's tough in here. It is very possible, given the right conditions, that A&M might win. Personally, I hope your heart gets broke every year about this time. But look at it this way, it's sort of a win-win situation for you. Go with that. Because otherwise, it's a lose-lose. Just hope for a great game that makes you proud of both teams. A'ight? I'm sticking with the Tide. Your guys win...my heart will be broken, we've more to lose than you.
    Roll Tsunami, Roll!