Aggies fans opinion and prediction

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I don't really have a problem with an Aggie board being high on Aggies, and thinking they can win. Because, they can win. They have a good team. They have a very good QB. Alabama underperformed against a supercharged LSU team last weekend. So there is hope for them, and they are savoring the chance of knocking off the #1 team.

I wouldn't put the chance above about 1 in 3, and I think they are going to see a methodical beatdown with their hopes put through the rock crusher like everyone else (except LSU who played hard). Old man football is old man football, and aTm have not yet beaten an old man team. What, they think we've never seen spread before?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agreed, it will be eerily quiet or like ITAT and full of griping or more than likely alittle of both. Funny how one game makes a whole team supposedly suspect all of a sudden. I'm truly not worried like I was last week.
I see that they are penalty gripers. They felt like they got the short end of the stick in Starkville and expect the same in BDS. I get so tired of that loser attitude...

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I see that they are penalty gripers. They felt like they got the short end of the stick in Starkville and expect the same in BDS. I get so tired of that loser attitude...
Penalty gripers=losers

All I can figure is they better go ahead with the excuses. I just have this "romp" feeling in my stomach. A start kind of like Arky/Mizzou. Come out, run up and down their backs, hit them in the mouth, then watch Johnny Football fold up like a cheap chair.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
Before the season I met a guy who was an A&M alum, and when he found out I was a Bama fan he was asking how I thought they would fare in the SEC. He seemed pretty worried that they would have trouble with a lot of the teams in the west. I told him they could probably handle Auburn and the Mississippi teams well enough. He didn't seem too sure, seemed to think they would have a rough first year. It's funny to me to see how their fanbase has now gotten so confident after tasting a little bit of success. Reminds me of South Carolina fans a bit.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm glad ol' Johnny is getting a lot of pub this week. I think it will certainly help us avoid the let down factor. I'm also glad (now that it's over and we won!) the D struggled a bit so they will now certainly challenge themselves. I expect Saban will have them breathing fire out of the tunnel. Scheme wise, I expect similar things to the UM game. Johnny is probably a better passer with better WR's than UM is the main difference. I don't see us blitzing of the edge other than to contain maybe. That blitz never seemed to work last week and caused trouble when it didn't. I figure DE's contain, pus up the middle and wait for Johnny to get frustrated and make mistakes. I do worry if our Safeties are in coverage too much as they did struggle some last week. Being in a defense that allows CJ to be on the field more certainly will help. Offensively, we need to set the tone early and be physical. If they stack the box, which I expect they will AJ is gonna need to be accurate right away. I see the Ags maybe scoring in the 20 range at most, with one of those late. I don't see them keeping us under 30. Will say though, not looking forward to seeing him for the next few years if he keeps developing.
Well I think pus up the middle will deter most QB's regardless of nickname. :biggrin:

Yucky! :eek2:

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
This game reminds me of a few years ago when Arky came to town and we heard we might be going down, we only beat their QB into submission and the game was never close. I say the same happens tomorrow.

41-14 Bama with 7 of those being garbage points.
Maybe they are the new arky.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
My wife's cousin is an aTm fan. Pretty good kid.Not overly obnoxious but sure he will rattle my cage a little today. May go out to visit them next year and possibly go to the game.
I met an aTm fan a couple of months ago and he was a really nice guy. We talked a little football and I had said to him that thwey would do fairly well but that depth would get them in a couple of games. He agreed with the assesment. Think I'll text my wife's cousin here shortly for a Alabama wake up call. :pDT_Armataz_02_41:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
From what I hear, aTm is stacking their hopes on the shoulders of their freshman QB, just "knowing" he can beat the entire Bama defense all by himself. The kid is supposed to be another Cam Newton, ability-wise, and some say better. Without him though, they're about average. Now that's a lot of pressure to put on a freshman. Regardless of his talents or skills, he's still a freshman who's apt to make the same mistakes as any other freshman.
A few sacks and a few bites of BDS turf and this kid is going to drop wanting to run up the score and be satisfied with running for his life for 3 hours. I say let's show them why we're the #1 team in the nation.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
You just can not Compare how Bama plays LSU to any other team EVER.

LSU is probably the only team that can stand toe to toe with Alabama & throw punches for 60 minutes.

What happens in a Bama/LSU game just is not the same for both teams against their other opponents.

Our Defense will be fine, whoever said they are slow is just crazy.

Im not with a lot of folks here, I don't see this one as close, Bama wins Big.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think the nation is hacking our secondary after last week. I wouldn't describe them as slow. We just don't have the tree all-american level corners we have enjoyed the last two seasons. We also rotate three guys in a spot where in my opinion was the best safety in Alabama history the last few years. I would say our secondary is mortal this year vs being almost impenetrable last year. LSU also had a great plan to isolate our safeties in coverage. While Texas A&M can try that too, we have had a week to think about it. I'm not saying they aren't going to have success today, I'm saying (and hoping) that they looked worse last week than they really are.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I remember the Ag board from when fRan left. I was banned because my type wasn't tolerated over there. A lot of confidence then, lot of confidence now. In between, I don't remember reading about their championships but maybe I slept through them.
Today will be a great today to be a Bama fan. Remember Rammer Jammer after the Oklahoma debacle? I'm sure it will be louder today!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.