Aggies fans opinion and prediction

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I just hope we can focus and muster up energy for one more week. We can rest a little next week. Let's not forget that aTm must be a little tired too. They've not had an off week yet, and they've been playing on the road a good bit. I think it is easier for UA to simulate Johnny's speed than for aTm to simulate Bama's brute force. I hope we smash them early and withstand their initial 2 drives. I think they will fall over if we jump on them early.

OldNo7

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2010
Birmingham, AL
aTm barely beat Ole Miss, lost to Florida and LSU in their own house, walloped the two worst teams in the SEC (I don't count Kentucky anymore...sorry), and beat a bruised and broken Mississippi State...a Mississippi State that Alabama bruised and broke.

I have looked forward to this game since aTm joined the SEC so naturally I will be at work during the game :frown: But I'm not sure there are any teams, collegiate or professional, foreign or domestic, that would beat us by that many points. Not this year.

Punch Scooby Doo in the mouth early. Let him see how a good old fashioned SEC sack feels. Rattle him and he's ours.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
They are a little too confident with their QB. Bama shutdown Dernard Robinson and he is a senior and every bit as electric as Manzel. Not sure how a freshman can do what a senior couldn't??

Robinson wasn't much of a passer even if he had time to step up and make a throw. This is where the two are completely different. Manzel can throw on the run and is much more accurate. I think he's played better as a freshman than Robinson has as a senior. With that being said, I don't expect A&M to win of course. I think Bama will have a plan for them and I wouldn't want to be the offense playing against Bama's defense after last weekends game. You just know they're going to come out and feel like they want to prove something. Now of course they don't have to prove anything to us Bama fans but I think they would like the rest of the sports world to end up with their foot in their mouth. Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Those of you who know me know what I'm about to say, as I've said it a thousand times about posts like this. For those of you who don't, particularly our TAMU friends, please see below, the wise words from one of the great philosophers of our time, one Michael Gerard Tyson:

“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I think Bama was somewhat exposed by LSU and you better believe tamu has been all over the game tapes. Bama played like they are tired and banged up and seems like they have lost a step or two in the past two weeks. Maybe Bama will be fortunate enough to pull out the win being they are so well coached and have the massive 'O' line but I see tamu having us fighting for our lives

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
I've read through this thread and I find it unbelievable how people from here can categorize all us aggies in one group. One guy posts his opinion on texags, it wasn't even insulting to you guys and you get your panties in a wad because one aggie think your DEs are slow and Manziel might be able to exploit that. Geez guys, I can assure you, JM makes every DE look slow. texags is a discussion board just like this one is. In case you didnt know it, outsiders that come on this board probably think a lot of you are some of the most arrogant fanbase out there. One of you trashed Billy Liucci (I believe he was from Texas, but a tide fan), the founder of texags for no reason. bL has built an incredible one school website for Aggies to to get info onAggie sports. Ther are over 15000 people on texags right this minute. There are usually 3-4 times that online right after games or during the week of recruit signings. It's a great site for aggies and any other aggie website is a wannabe at best. Bottom line is there are idiots on every website, everybody is a football expert online and none of it matters since they still have to play the game one Saturday! Good luck on Saturday and Gig em Aggies!
Btw, the comparison between auburn and A&M someone mentioned probably has to do with both schools are in the middle of nowhere, not for sure but I believe both are known for agriculture and engineering!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Every fanbase has their faction they rather not claim. I think we can both agree with that assessment.

I have a heckuva lot of respect for this A&M team. They're your prototypical landmine team: they can get hot and in a hurry on offense, their defense does have some quantifiably good playmakers though they are deficient in some areas. When they beat teams, they dismantle them under an avalanche of points and QB pressure.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
Every fanbase has their faction they rather not claim. I think we can both agree with that assessment.

I have a heckuva lot of respect for this A&M team. They're your prototypical landmine team: they can get hot and in a hurry on offense, their defense does have some quantifiably good playmakers though they are deficient in some areas. When they beat teams, they dismantle them under an avalanche of points and QB pressure.
Agree rgw. The problem with our D is depth. We are going to struggle with your running game. Which means we will have jump out front and score early and often. Then hang on. Should be a great game though.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Agree rgw. The problem with our D is depth. We are going to struggle with your running game. Which means we will have jump out front and score early and often. Then hang on. Should be a great game though.

I tell you what, no matter what happens this game. Next year is going to be tough for us in your place. Your QB will be even better then and we may have a new QB if AJ goes.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
I tell you what, no matter what happens this game. Next year is going to be tough for us in your place. Your QB will be even better then and we may have a new QB if AJ goes.
I agree mom! We should have more depth too. Can't wait for that game at Kyle field.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
That sounds like the typical Big 12-Arena League scouting of Alabama. That is conpletely inaccurate.

They will get some yards to crow about on Sunday but no victory. Honestly that sounds like a teenager's opinion more than someone who actually understands football.
I guess TAMU will get to see just how S-L-O-W our team really is... ;)
Then TAMU gets to find out what happens when a small fast guy collides with a large fast guy.
(Picture a VW hitting head on with a F-250) :)

The TAMU guys could be right, but we will have to play poorly for their predicted outcome.
I expect Coach Saban has worked on problems this week and it will show.

As for the Aggies toughness...
Everybody is big and bad and tough, until you hit them in the mouth. (BTDT)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
TAMU QB... no one even talks about him facing our complex defense. I don't think he has really "check" the plays this year hasn't he? So he'll be making lot of mistakes, because I don't think he truly realize that the defense gives confusing looks....

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
They have a chance to win but odds are not in their favor. We don't have to sack him. Just keep him contained, pressured and confused. I think that we just out physical them in the end.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
This game reminds me of a few years ago when Arky came to town and we heard we might be going down, we only beat their QB into submission and the game was never close. I say the same happens tomorrow.

41-14 Bama with 7 of those being garbage points.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep, I am looking forward to reading their boards tomorrow evening. :)
Agreed, it will be eerily quiet or like ITAT and full of griping or more than likely alittle of both. Funny how one game makes a whole team supposedly suspect all of a sudden. I'm truly not worried like I was last week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.