Aggies fans opinion and prediction

AlabasterBama

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2006
Alabaster, Alabama
Been trolling over on the aggies message boards tonight. If it isn't kosher I'm sure Earle will let me know :)

think our offense matches up really well with Bama. Could be wrong but heres why:

Bama's DEs are very slow and honestly not that impressive at the pass rush. JFF will be able to run around them quite a bit I think if they try to do what LSU and Ole Miss did to us. JFF honestly thrives on the blitz so bringing extra guys probably isn't a good solution for them. They will have to have at least 1 spy, probably 2 to fully contain JFF - and if they do that they open up a lot of ability to pass... Which leads to the second point.

Their secondary is their weakness. I really think we will have a good amount of success passing on them. If they take out LBers and get out of the base formation I think we may get a good running game going.

In their base formation I cant imagine us being successful running on them no matter the offense we have. I think we match up better against Bama's defense than we did LSU's or Florida's.

The issue is that Bama's offense is going to be hard for us to stop I think. They are just so balanced and we struggle through the air and AJ is such a good passer. I will say something positive I see is that AJ seems a lot like Tyler Russell as a passer, but obviously Bama's rush game and just Oline in general is much better. This is where the game will probably be decided, in my opinion.
WINNER: A&M 38
ALABAMA 24

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I really think AM will get some yards and points on us--but beat us by 14pts? Even in a worse case scenario, I don't see that happening. Their players are very athletic but they don't have anywhere near the size that we do. There is a reason that they lost to Florida and LSU--and I think that will be the same factor in them losing saturday night.

AlabasterBama

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2006
Alabaster, Alabama
I agree with A&M getting yards and some points, but 38 points? I really believe we will try to limit the opportunities for them to have the ball by pounding the football with our Oline and RB. That is a favorable match up for us.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
That sounds like the typical Big 12-Arena League scouting of Alabama. That is conpletely inaccurate.

They will get some yards to crow about on Sunday but no victory. Honestly that sounds like a teenager's opinion more than someone who actually understands football.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I was browsing some of their boards...and I am surprised they were making fun of the state of Alabama. I thought they were better than that...but nope. I am from Texas, so I definitely don't like their representation.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I was browsing some of their boards...and I am surprised they were making fun of the state of Alabama. I thought they were better than that...but nope. I am from Texas, so I definitely don't like their representation.
This is typical of other teams. They can't really make fun of our football so they attack our citizens instead. Sad really.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I'm surprised they think we only score 24. LSU has a top 3 defense and we scored 21 there. Texas A&M is barely top 50. We'll probably break 40.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
A&M scored a combined 36 points against LSU/Florida at home and lost both games, and this guy thinks TAMU is going to stroll into BDS and put down 38 points against Bama, a defense that is looking to regain it's dominant self? This guy: A. doesn't know football and B. haven't watch Bama football. Either way, if I want analysis of Bama football, I'd stick to Jess columns. So I want this TAMU fan to underestimate Bama's defense, cause I want him to be shocked at how wrong his analysis is about Bama's defense.

This guy will be in for a rude awakening when he see his team struggle to reach 17 points against Bama. Three teams have beaten Alabama at home since 2008, and TAMU will not be the fourth.

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
If that was taken from TexAgs.com that would explain it, students and generally idiots that are sill reading too much into the LSU-Bama game.

If you want more reasoned prediction/analysis go to AgTimes.com

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Our DE's are slow? :biggrin: I remember last year an LSU player said our LB's were slow and in the two games against LSU, they were held to only 9 points. Alabama can't be that slow.

Alabama had no problem shutting down Denard Robinson and every other QB this season, with the exception of Mettenberger. And the only RB to do any real damage to Alabama was Jeremy Hill from LSU. I don't see why they'll have a problem with Johnny Manziel and their RB's.

Last edited:

Neos

Suspended
Nov 14, 2011
They talk like we have no idea how to stop a dual threat quarterback. It's like we haven't played a Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Denard Robinson. Honestly, it's going to be an interesting game, but I highly doubt they will put more than 21 on us. I still think we win by more than two touchdowns.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
This is typical of other teams. They can't really make fun of our football so they attack our citizens instead. Sad really.
Ever been to the great Bryan/College Station consolidated metropolitan area? It's a bigger version of Auburn/Opelika with a slightly higher ratio of beltbuckle weight/tooth (lbs. per unit). However, they do lead the nation in the production of hubris and radiators for 2-cycle air-cooled lawnmowers. :wink:

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
They are a little too confident with their QB. Bama shutdown Dernard Robinson and he is a senior and every bit as electric as Manzel. Not sure how a freshman can do what a senior couldn't??

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
Whichever Aggie that said your DE's are slow knows nothing about football and probably should keep their opinions to themselves. I do think that we'll score some points on you, I know it might sound crazy...but I think we will get around 28 points on you. Unfortunately, I think we'll give up 42 or more points. So therefore, I think the score will be 42-28 with Alabama winning the game in the second half. Our (A&M's) defense is good, but we have almost zero quality depth and we'll get worn down by your starters and depth (most of whom could be starters for other major programs). I grew up watching Alabama football and have always wanted you all to win. My sister attended your school and graduated with 2 degrees, so Bama holds a soft spot in my heart. Too bad for me, they will break my heart if they beat my Aggies. I do think that we'll give you one heck of a game though, or at least hope so.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
If that was taken from TexAgs.com that would explain it, students and generally idiots that are sill reading too much into the LSU-Bama game.

If you want more reasoned prediction/analysis go to AgTimes.com
TexAgs is a joke. Went on there one time when aTm came to the SEC and I quickly realized why UT fans can't stand them. They were all talking about how BAMA was like Texas. They all were kissing AU's butt, saying how they had so much in common with the barn. On a side, I can't believe the idiots that pay to listen/watch Billy Liucci's show. He is proof any idiot can have a show on the internet.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Whichever Aggie that said your DE's are slow knows nothing about football and probably should keep their opinions to themselves. I do think that we'll score some points on you, I know it might sound crazy...but I think we will get around 28 points on you. Unfortunately, I think we'll give up 42 or more points. So therefore, I think the score will be 42-28 with Alabama winning the game in the second half. Our (A&M's) defense is good, but we have almost zero quality depth and we'll get worn down by your starters and depth (most of whom could be starters for other major programs). I grew up watching Alabama football and have always wanted you all to win. My sister attended your school and graduated with 2 degrees, so Bama holds a soft spot in my heart. Too bad for me, they will break my heart if they beat my Aggies. I do think that we'll give you one heck of a game though, or at least hope so.
No offense but Aggies couldn't score more than 19 points against either LSU or Florida and that is at your place, what makes you think TAMU will score 28 points at BDS? I cannot say it won't happen, but I will say it's unlikely you guys score more than 20 points against Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.