Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

Article Texas A&M preview: War with Aggies could be a repeat of LSU week

Texas A&M preview: War with Aggies could be a repeat of LSU week
    by Jess Nicholas
    TideFans Editor-In-Chief
    November 8th, 2012 12:41 AM

As the din of celebration faded early Sunday morning following Alabama’s rather incredible 21-17 win over LSU, those with a penchant to worry over their football were already casting an uneasy eye toward Nov. 10, and Alabama’s game against the Texas A&M Aggies. [...]

Read More Here
    Last edited by BamaNation; November 10th, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Texas A&M preview: War with Aggies could be a repeat of LSU week

Thanks Jess. I too think this game may go down to the wire. I hope our defense comes with their best effort of the year and the offense can play keep away. I think 4-6 points is about right.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Don't necessarily disagree with your assessment and prediction; but it sure seems that a whole lot of people are labeling the Tide D now based off of one performance (LSU). Obviously, we'll have to wait and see what happens Saturday.

To me, it's going to come down to whether or not our D can get off the field on 3rd down and win the turnover battle.
    RTR

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    Don't necessarily disagree with your assessment and prediction; but it sure seems that a whole lot of people are labeling the Tide D now based off of one performance (LSU). Obviously, we'll have to wait and see what happens Saturday.

To me, it's going to come down to whether or not our D can get off the field on 3rd down and win the turnover battle.
    I agree, seems like most live in the "what have you done for me lately" mode. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I also don't think it will be that close. If so, then we will have problems against Georgia and possibly Oregon.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team

Turnovers, third downs, and time of possession. I say that while knowing Alabama lost all three battles badly last week but still won the game. This week we need 2 of 3 or all 3 stats in the Tide's favor.

Haven't had a chance to see Manziel other than highlights. I'm very interested to see him play.

Thanks for the write up, Jess.
    A big factor in determining how this game swings could be which team gets on the board first. A 10 point lead for either team early in the game could put a large amount of pressure on either defense.

Always a great write up, but I cannot agree with the qb assessment. Personally I would choose AJ over JM. AJ has won a national title, is a Heisman contender, a leader, and has only one loss as a starter. Johnny has not proven himself against tough defenses. I have no doubt the guy is talented and will tough to handle for years, but I think you're selling AJ short here.
    Last edited by Mudbone; November 8th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone View Post
    Always a great write up, but I cannot agree withe qb assessment. Personally I would choose AJ over JM. AJ has won a national title, is a Heisman contender, a leader, and has only one loss as a starter. Johnny has not proven himself against tough defenses. I have no doubt the guy is talented and will tough to handle for years, but I think you're selling AJ short here.
    I can't speak for Jess, but I think it's the injuries more than anything. I think the injuries are a major reason that AJ was off on accuracy last week.

I too was surprised to see Jess give JM the nod over AJ. However, as constantly stated these write ups have their limitations because the groupings dont play against each other. No doubt JM has the athletic edge but I like our guy when the game is on the line. If Cooper is any better this game isn't as close as most think. If Cooper and AJ are both slowed or get re-injured all bets are off. I think our defense will be eager to demonstrate their toughness and resilience.

Bama 27
    A&M 17
    Order Of Operations: Run the football, score TD's, humiliate opposing offenses, win games, embarrass Auburn.

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Our D has a lot of pride in their performances, so hopefully they'll be hungry to prove that the LSU game was an aberration but either way this is definitely a much scarier game than it looked much earlier in the year.

I see this game coming down to the wire. Hopefully we don't let A&M have any easy scores. Make them work hard for every point.
    Bama 870-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

IF A.J. is relatively healthy, I believe the offense will be able to outscore A&M. Last week, I think our staff underestimated what ZM could do... and as a result, we didn't have a lot of adjustments which could be made to stop him mid-game. I also think having Mosely off the field for the majority of snaps hurt us greatly as well... and A&M won't have nearly the OL push in running the ball that LSU enjoyed. I'd look for a similar game to what LSU had against them at worst.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I can't speak for Jess, but I think it's the injuries more than anything. I think the injuries are a major reason that AJ was off on accuracy last week.
    AJ was putting a lot of pressure on himself last week, and seemed to play very tight.
    ...I think this game will be a lot different for him, and I dont see how A&Ms defense will be able to stop our offense. It will definitely come down to our D-Line containing Johhny Manziel, and I think that a lot of good came from last weeks game against LSU. We'll see a different scheme for the secondary, and I expect to see a LOT better coverage.