JessN: Texas A&M preview: War with Aggies could be a repeat of LSU week

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I expect we try to keep the ball away and establish a lead. Easier said than done,
but we are bigger and deeper than TAMU. We need to establish our running game.
I'm not sure they can consistently stop our run. They are gonna try, that's where AJ comes in.
AJ wasn't up to his usual standard last week. Not quite in sinc with our receivers.

I put last weeks performance against LSU down to multiple factors.
Tired, injured, a little flat, plus... LSU had two weeks to rest and prepare for us.
LSU knows our team better than TAMU does. LSU is a pretty good match with us in the physical dept.

I expect we will line up to stop the TAMU running attack. If we limit the run, TAMU will try to counter
with passes to open their running game.
Against LSU we didn't intercept passes, we missed multiple tackles by the first man in...
I expect we will do better this week.

TAMU is a one man offense, much as Auburn had with Scam Newton...
Manzell might be faster than SCAM, but he's not as big and strong.
He's elusive, but will go down easier than trying to take down another man mountain.

If we come close to playing our game, we win by 10 or more. If not...

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Great job as usual Jess. Last week I had a feeling that we would struggle against LSU. They have been fuming since January. They had a week off to focus. We were in their house and they were an 8 point underdog. They had something to prove.

This week I get a totally different feel. We had a tough game last week and almost lost to a very determined and talented LSU team. All of the sudden Alabama is perceived not to be in a league of their own. National talk is about an upset in T-town. And finally, this A&M team is just as beat up as we are.

I get the feeling we are going to come out firing on all cylinders and wallop this team. I hope I'm right two weeks in a row...Roll Tide!!!:BigA:

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
Great analysis and on paper, I couldn't agree more. Johnny is a wildcard and he may just be enough of a wildcard to make the difference for my Ags. It's going to be fun to watch this game. I loved the coin flip comment, I couldn't agree more. If Bama wins the flip, you should go on offense. BUT, you need to score on the first drive. If you don't score and we get the ball and score, it could be a rough day for the tide! If we get early momentum and score early, it will be hard to stop the Aggies. Good luck on Saturday(not really) and Gig Em!

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
Pretty neat. I can actually see it happening like that too with a close half..then we pull away. I see Mosley gets an interception. ;)
I see the Mosley factor playing out big in this game. If he gets a few good hits on JM in the first half, then he may be thinking twice the rest of the game. CJ will be shadowing him I am sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.