Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

USC Team Manager fired for deflating footballs for the USC/Oregon game

Not that it matters because the game was a flag football game (62-51), the USC team manager got fired for deflating the balls below the regs:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/s...game-footballs
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team saraelizabethua's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: USC Team Manager fired for deflating footballs for the USC/Oregon game

WOW. That is messed up!

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This is just my opinion, but that trick has Lame Kiffin written all over it. It's right up there with changing player numbers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I can't help to chuckle a little at all of the people here and elsewhere that were saying "Well, Kiffin has proved to be a good coach!" and "USC is going to a force this year!" before the season. Kiffin is the same overrated punk that he's always been. He has still yet to do anything to deserve the job opportunities he's been handed.

BamaNation Second Team TraskiTideFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    I can't help to chuckle a little at all of the people here and elsewhere that were saying "Well, Kiffin has proved to be a good coach!" and "USC is going to a force this year!" before the season. Kiffin is the same overrated punk that he's always been. He has still yet to do anything to deserve the job opportunities he's been handed.
    He just knows where the bodies are buried or he signed an unholy agreement with a guy with a pitchfork and horns. That is the only explanation for how Lame keeps landing on his feet.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

USC said no coaches, players, staffers or administrators had any knowledge of the manager's actions...
    Sure. I bet this manager just thought of this all by himself.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm completely and totaly shocked!!!!!!!!

RTR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Sure. I bet this manager just thought of this all by himself.

Agree, I just don't see him doing this himself. What would he gain from it? He knew if he got caught, he would be fired. Sucks to be the fall guy.
    Roll Tide

This is a prime example of the kind of stuff you can expect from a Lane Kiffin team. The philosophy that a team takes on the personality of the head coach holds true, Lane has a very sneaky, reckless personality. You are supposed to grow out of the rich Fraternity boy persona to that of a gentleman in your 30's, but he hasn't. It was very important for USC to have momentum going into the sanctions, but they may end up the biggest preseason #1 flop of all-time. The momentum is dead, and reality has set in. PROBATION.

BamaNation First Team tidegrandpa's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TraskiTideFan View Post
    He just knows where the bodies are buried or he signed an unholy agreement with a guy with a pitchfork and horns. That is the only explanation for how Lame keeps landing on his feet.
    IMO.....He's a creep

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Yeah...you don't touch another player's balls. That's just wrong.
    Lucky #13

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar

Being a football coach is just a job, like any other job. When it comes to jobs, the most important thing you are going to have going for you is either 1) who you know, or 2) who you are (as in being related to the boss or having name recognition). Just ask the Kennedy's.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

I can't stand the guy at all, but he's a very good coach and recruiter. The problem is that USC is so depth deprived and has no elite talent on defense like years past. He'll have USC in contention in the future. That being said, he's slimy as they come.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban