USC Team Manager fired for deflating footballs for the USC/Oregon game

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I can't help to chuckle a little at all of the people here and elsewhere that were saying "Well, Kiffin has proved to be a good coach!" and "USC is going to a force this year!" before the season. Kiffin is the same overrated punk that he's always been. He has still yet to do anything to deserve the job opportunities he's been handed.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
I can't help to chuckle a little at all of the people here and elsewhere that were saying "Well, Kiffin has proved to be a good coach!" and "USC is going to a force this year!" before the season. Kiffin is the same overrated punk that he's always been. He has still yet to do anything to deserve the job opportunities he's been handed.
He just knows where the bodies are buried or he signed an unholy agreement with a guy with a pitchfork and horns. That is the only explanation for how Lame keeps landing on his feet.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
This is a prime example of the kind of stuff you can expect from a Lane Kiffin team. The philosophy that a team takes on the personality of the head coach holds true, Lane has a very sneaky, reckless personality. You are supposed to grow out of the rich Fraternity boy persona to that of a gentleman in your 30's, but he hasn't. It was very important for USC to have momentum going into the sanctions, but they may end up the biggest preseason #1 flop of all-time. The momentum is dead, and reality has set in. PROBATION.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Being a football coach is just a job, like any other job. When it comes to jobs, the most important thing you are going to have going for you is either 1) who you know, or 2) who you are (as in being related to the boss or having name recognition). Just ask the Kennedy's.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I can't stand the guy at all, but he's a very good coach and recruiter. The problem is that USC is so depth deprived and has no elite talent on defense like years past. He'll have USC in contention in the future. That being said, he's slimy as they come.

OreGUN Ducks

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 23, 2012
Mountain View, CA
I just have a hard time seeing how he managed to F-up a team with that much talent. He clearly can't motivate them either; for the second straight year, the Oregon game has been the only one where USC players actually look like they're stoked to be there.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I can't stand the guy at all, but he's a very good coach and recruiter. The problem is that USC is so depth deprived and has no elite talent on defense like years past. He'll have USC in contention in the future. That being said, he's slimy as they come.

I will give you the recruiting part, but as for being a good coach, I'll disagree. He may be a good play caller, but being a good coach entails something greater than just calling plays. First of all, a coach is supposed to set the example of the right thing to do. I think his slimy ways are setting the wrong example. Secondly, good coaches improve the program. I can't see how he has improved the football program as a whole. No better record. Doing illegal things.
He has a great recruiting class right now despite the sanctions, but I don't think he will develop them. He'll suffer the same problem Auburn and Tennessee is having. Bring in low character kids and instill no discipline. Kids will end up flunking out, in jail, or even dead. Hate to say it.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Break out the sentence-diagramming skills for this quote from Lame about it: "That was a distraction that nobody here knew about." It's like he's a Les Miles wannabe in pressers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.