P. Sims comments about AJ

Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: P. Sims comments about AJ

And I'm sure AJ is pulling for him as well. Some of you know way more inside info than I do, but I don't think there was ever any anomosity between them.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24 View Post
    I always felt that Philip Sims was a quality person, and this just proves it to me. I hated to see him transfer, but it was probably the best option for him to compete for playing time rather than sit behind AJ for two years....
    ...I hope he has lots of success at UVa.
    Last edited by bamafaninOhiO; November 8th, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Very mature and refined words from Sims whose biggest obstacle was playing in front of huge crowds imo. Virginia is good place to get over stage fright and nerves and play to to your potential, which he has a lot of.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thanks for the read. I've always had respect for Phillip coming in one year behind AJ knowing that he was in a tough situation. To me it showed that he really wanted to play for Alabama. His transfer to me was the best realistic option for him. Gotta give him credit for trying his best while he was here.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Total class. There's a right way to do things and a wrong way. P Sims seems as though he's always done it the right way.
    RTR

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Maybe it's me but I don't understand why he left. It's very possible that AJ could be gone after *this* season. Sims would have gotten the reins here instead of Virginia. Maybe as you guys say, he's not ready for the pressure of SEC football. <shruggs> Either, you have to wish him the best. He's been a class-act here and there.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

man he's gushing

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I really wish he had stayed. It's almost a given that AJ will leave this year, and I think PS would have done well with the embarrassment of riches we have at RB and WR. I also think next year's OL will be very solid, at worst - maybe even very good. With CyKo, Steen, and just maybe Fluker returning, they will still be pretty cohesive unit. The #2's have been practicing and playing together for a while now, and they will really be a veteran unit. I think they will be a lot like our LB corps this year - maybe not a star studded across the board, but still very solid and consistent.

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That was a great read. I wish him all the success and hope they clobber Miami this weekend.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

Philip Sims went 8-10 and 1 TD last week against NC State. Not too shabby.
    Sims and Rocco split time with each other at QB.
    Sims did drop a halfback pass throw-back to the QB, which would have been a TD, but Sims seems to be settling in nicely in Charlottesville. I wish him well.
    If he and his teammates play well against VT, they could break their losing streak. This year's Hokies are, well, there have been better VT football teams.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    I really wish he had stayed. It's almost a given that AJ will leave this year, ....
    Is that true? What's the view of others? Will AJ be back next year?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Maybe it's me but I don't understand why he left. It's very possible that AJ could be gone after *this* season. Sims would have gotten the reins here instead of Virginia. Maybe as you guys say, he's not ready for the pressure of SEC football. <shruggs> Either, you have to wish him the best. He's been a class-act here and there.
    It's very easy to say it was about playing time and maybe it was. I'm sure people here know. But he said he was transferring because of family issues. The ncaa allowed him to play this year without sitting out, which they rarely do. So perhaps there were things going on that required him to be back home. Whatever the case is, and even if it was only about playing time, I wish him all the best. I really was hoping he'd stay as well and I saw him doing great things here. But it wasn't to be and hopefully he can continue to improve at Virginia and earn that pro spot when he graduates.