P. Sims comments about AJ

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
And I'm sure AJ is pulling for him as well. Some of you know way more inside info than I do, but I don't think there was ever any anomosity between them.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Very mature and refined words from Sims whose biggest obstacle was playing in front of huge crowds imo. Virginia is good place to get over stage fright and nerves and play to to your potential, which he has a lot of.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Thanks for the read. I've always had respect for Phillip coming in one year behind AJ knowing that he was in a tough situation. To me it showed that he really wanted to play for Alabama. His transfer to me was the best realistic option for him. Gotta give him credit for trying his best while he was here.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Maybe it's me but I don't understand why he left. It's very possible that AJ could be gone after *this* season. Sims would have gotten the reins here instead of Virginia. Maybe as you guys say, he's not ready for the pressure of SEC football. <shruggs> Either, you have to wish him the best. He's been a class-act here and there.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I really wish he had stayed. It's almost a given that AJ will leave this year, and I think PS would have done well with the embarrassment of riches we have at RB and WR. I also think next year's OL will be very solid, at worst - maybe even very good. With CyKo, Steen, and just maybe Fluker returning, they will still be pretty cohesive unit. The #2's have been practicing and playing together for a while now, and they will really be a veteran unit. I think they will be a lot like our LB corps this year - maybe not a star studded across the board, but still very solid and consistent.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Philip Sims went 8-10 and 1 TD last week against NC State. Not too shabby.
Sims and Rocco split time with each other at QB.
Sims did drop a halfback pass throw-back to the QB, which would have been a TD, but Sims seems to be settling in nicely in Charlottesville. I wish him well.
If he and his teammates play well against VT, they could break their losing streak. This year's Hokies are, well, there have been better VT football teams.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Maybe it's me but I don't understand why he left. It's very possible that AJ could be gone after *this* season. Sims would have gotten the reins here instead of Virginia. Maybe as you guys say, he's not ready for the pressure of SEC football. <shruggs> Either, you have to wish him the best. He's been a class-act here and there.
It's very easy to say it was about playing time and maybe it was. I'm sure people here know. But he said he was transferring because of family issues. The ncaa allowed him to play this year without sitting out, which they rarely do. So perhaps there were things going on that required him to be back home. Whatever the case is, and even if it was only about playing time, I wish him all the best. I really was hoping he'd stay as well and I saw him doing great things here. But it wasn't to be and hopefully he can continue to improve at Virginia and earn that pro spot when he graduates.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Is that true? What's the view of others? Will AJ be back next year?
First of all, I think AJ will be back. The QB corp this year is not good, but I think AJ really enjoys playing college football at Alabama. Did you see him get emotional. He's not in desperate need of $$. Barkley and Gino Smith were supposed to be studs, but their stock has dropped. So AJ may move up, but not in the first round.

Secondly, Phillip Sims is a class act. I wish QB was a position where 2 could play at the same time, but it isn't. For the record, if Phillip had won the starting job, I think we would have won the NC last year also and would be undefeated this year still. I think Saban really pulled some strings to get him a good transfer situation because Phillip is one of the good guys you want to pull for.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Is that true? What's the view of others? Will AJ be back next year?
First of all, I think AJ will be back. The QB corp this year is not good, but I think AJ really enjoys playing college football at Alabama. Did you see him get emotional. He's not in desperate need of $$. Barkley and Gino Smith were supposed to be studs, but their stock has dropped. So AJ may move up, but not in the first round.

As others have posted repeatedly A.J. has made it more than clear he plans on leaving after this year. Things can change, but that seems to have always been the plan.

I have nothing but respect Sims and wish he had stayed. I do not buy the stage fright, and believe he would have done just fine thank you. I hope he does very well there.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
Sims is a class guy. I wish we still had him. As far as A J, he would really benefit greatly from another year in college. I think he needs it before he goes to the NFL.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
As others have posted repeatedly A.J. has made it more than clear he plans on leaving after this year. Things can change, but that seems to have always been the plan.
I've never heard that, and doubt he leaves. As good as AJ is, he still isn't going to grade out as a first rounder. Saban, unless there's something crazy going on, will recommend he stay for his senior year...which is the right decision.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.