View Poll Results: If it were up to you, would you have the Barn fire Chizik or keep him?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire him.

10 13.16%
  • Keep him for at least another year.

66 86.84%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If it were up to you, would you have the Barn fire Chizik or keep him?

Ok, let's say that you're on the Board of Trustees or the AD or whatever and the decision of whether or not the Barn is going to fire or keep Chizik has fallen completely to you. You have to decide whether or not the Barn is going to fire Chizik at the end of this season or keep him, for at least one more year.

How and why you decide is up to you. You could flip a coin. You could try to distance yourself from the situation and try to make the "best" choice. Or, being a Bama fan, you could (most likely) make the choice that you believe would be the worse choice for the poor, pitiful barners.

So, what say ye? Do you cast Chizik aside right now or give him one more year?
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: If it were up to you, would you have the Barn fire Chizik or keep him?

I would fire him. The NC in 2010 was a fluke. For the record, if I were on the BoT, I would have never voted to hire him.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Fire him, and it has little to do with wins/losses. That program is out of control and all of the leadership needs to go, IMO.

Of course, if you are an Alabama fan, that is good news and a great reason to want him to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Auburn has a predicament.
    Under Chizik they are: 2009---8-5---Bowl winner
    2010--14-0--National Champ
    2011---8-5---Bowl winner
    2012---3-9---probable final record.
    How can you fire a coach with 2 pretty good years, one great year and then one really bad year?
    Also, How can you convince any good coach to come when they can see there is NO job security if you have even one bad year?
    That is why they will go for the best desperate coach out there....Petrino.
    If they don't land him they will throw gobs of money at an unproven "up and coming" coach.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

I would keep him just because it is fun to see them stink, but this is coming from a Bama fan. If I were a Barner (help me God ), I would want him fired.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think for firing him will put the Barn in deeper, short term disarray but keeping him will continue the festering, slow death that is griping them now for longer. The decisions they make will be full of win for Bama fans either way. (Schadenfreud to the fullest )

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's too much money at stake in buyouts to fire him at the end of this season. The deep pockets at the Barn are not as deep as they used to be now that Lowder is floundering. They've got to wait until next year, or the next.

BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

As GP pointed out...other than this year his wins and losses haven't been all that bad. He is also undefeated in bowl games (obviously not going to a bowl this year).

I honestly think he will be back after this year, but with the goal of making it to a bowl game next year. If that does not happen...then they let him go.

We all know things are in shambles down there, but we also know winning can fix a lot. I think the PTB down there are hoping winning is in their immediate future.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jim needs a lifetime contract with $100M buyout.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Why is there not a at least 3 yr selection? I have contibuted to a "keep CGS fund" so he will stay around.

Realistically I would say one more year but considering how out of control it is down there right now, especially with the hired babysitters, will they even have enough scholarship players to field a team in another year?
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends, do they have a gag order in his contract if he is fired. If so, fire away.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

When you look at it from a standpoint of the number of other job openings this year, I would have to fire him.
    Possible openings this year
    Arkansas
    Kentucky
    Tennessee?
    Georgia Tech?
    Southern Miss?
    California?
    Purdue?
    USC? (supposed to win it all could have as many as 5 or 6 losses)
    Boston College?

The big names might be all gone for next year.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Asleep on TideFans.com

I really think this goes a lot furthur than we can see. I think there may be some looming NCAA problems due to the fact of the mess in memphis and rumors of coaches being pulled off the road. If a change is made, will au be forthcoming with that info to a possible candidate? If they are, who would want to come into a mess like that? I think chizik will get another year and they will let everything play out with the ncaa (if there is a problem) he will be fired with no buyout due to wording in his contract. Also, I think the NCAA has been waiting since the $cam Knewton mess to be able to bust them. That being said, don't look for them (the ncaa) to be in a big hurry with sanctions. They will take their time and have their ducks in a row. chizik will be gone at the end of the 2013 season.
    Last edited by bamamc1; November 8th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.