breaking barn news

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Looks like the Petrino interest in Kentucky has forced their hands.
Totally agree with this. Petrino could parlay the Kentucky interest into a big paycheck from the Barn.

Some barner with an "inside sourse" just called in and said Kirby for 5 years at $4.25mil! LOL...please God, no...
I think Kirby is smart enough (pun intended) not to take a gig that will require him to rebuild a program from the ground up AND play against Saban every year.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Kirby will be offered a raise of $1,000,000 to stay on as D Coord. He will have a tough choice to make. This is one coach that I think Saban should make an effort to try and keep for the long-term, although that is certainly wishful thinking.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If CKS was offered $4+M/yr and didn't leave, he'd be a fool. In three years, even if he bombs out, he'll make enough to set his family for several generations, and he could always get back on as a DC with someone (just like Jim could tomorrow).

I want to keep him and don't believe for a second the barn is stupid enough to pay that much for an unproved head coach, but I can't imagine him staying in that situation.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
When I heard the Shawn Watson thing on the news I said "WHAT!", they didn't learn a thing from the cheezit hire evidently. I guess it has to be some one that Dye, Lowder, Jacobs and the yeller feller can control. No other way to look at it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
There was a Watson guy that used to work for Sherlock Holmes (John's dad? Sherlock, not Watson)...he was a Dr....pretty sure he's dead by now, but that might not be too much of an inconvenience, the way things are going on down there...might save money on a team Dr., too...
Yeah and we have a 'Watson & Sons' Funeral Home here... gotta be related somehow. ;)

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Smart isnt going to auburn please stop acting like its even a possibility, they're effectively trolling bama fans searching their site.

Slyve is not going to allow an SEC team to hire Petrino.

Watson, though Au fans are dissapointed with the rumor, is about what AU will be looking for. A coach to help them through a transition, because there is no amount of money they could muster that anyone on their wishlist's current employer wouldnt match. AU is also a step down or lateral move at best for Jimbo, whose assembled a nice team and doesnt have the worries of playing an SEC scedule or rebuilding with auburn's toilet bowl of players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.