BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: breaking barn news

Why do y'all call Cheese Jim?
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Flyboy View Post
    Try this one: CLICK

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Started when someone went and edited his Wikipedia page and changed his name to Jim

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by mikes12 View Post
    How many Sabans will he be worth?
    That's a good one!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Too bad. I was starting to like this Gene Chizik guy. Really though, didn't we tell the Barn this was going to happen? In 09/2010, didn't we tell them something like this was going to happen when you didn't win the right way? After that NCG, I had all kinds of Barn fans tell me that was the best 180k they ever spent (in all seriousness, I don't believe that really happened -- well, can't prove it anyways). Well, maybe so but you reap what you sow. Enjoy your next Coach, Barn and more years of mediocrity.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
    Here's another thought; Maybe the barn is going to keep Chizik and replace his staff for him.
    That is my opinion on what is going on. There is no way that AU is looking at this guy as the next HC at this point. They would have to fire Chizik and then strike out with there top 3-5 candidates before they would get desperate enough to hire someone like this.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    That is my opinion on what is going on. There is no way that AU is looking at this guy as the next HC at this point. They would have to fire Chizik and then strike out with there top 3-5 candidates before they would get desperate enough to hire someone like this.
    I know what ya mean. That would almost be as crazy as firing their 4th all time winningest coach who had more victories in a row over their most hated rival than any coach in their history and replacing him with a guy who had a terrible winning percentage and very little experience at a crappy football school.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by G-VilleTider View Post
    I know what ya mean. That would almost be as crazy as firing their 4th all time winningest coach who had more victories in a row over their most hated rival than any coach in their history and replacing him with a guy who had a terrible winning percentage and very little experience at a crappy football school.
    I believe that was a mutual decision which is why Tubby received the remainder of his contract. Officially he "resigned" but I have no doubt it was a mutual decision. It was obvious his last year that he was very unhappy and it was equally obvious that the AU PTB wanted him gone.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Louisville OC mention is a just a smoke screen or misdirection in my opinion. Let the journalist snoop around some coordinator candidates in that guy's tier for lead while they're talking through back channels to agents about a guy with a little more name but doesn't want Auburn talk derailing his current team's season. After taking a waiver wire hire on a lame duck coach at ISU, Auburn can't fire Chizik without planning to acquire a coach with some head coaching success on his resume.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the agent they are talking to is just name dropping other guys he represents to help all his clients get a pay day out of it. I'd try to figure out this Watson guy's agent and who else he represents.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

I thought his name was Frank.

Seriously, that Auburn247 article wasn't news and didn't change anything that we already knew.

There's a good chance he may be fired. There's a chance he may return. No decision has been made yet.

So why is everyone so excited about this story?
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    I'm not.

4 more years!
    4 more years!
    4 more years!

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    I thought his name was Frank.

Seriously, that Auburn247 article wasn't news and didn't change anything that we already knew.

There's a good chance he may be fired. There's a chance he may return. No decision has been made yet.

it's such a strange story. "we are forming a committee to decide if we might fire him and if we do here is a random guy we should consider replacing him with"

Don't recall I have ever seen any school do this

only the boogs

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

The Barn is going to be lucky to hire anyone worth having, coaches are not stupid. Taking that job is like walking through a un-cleared minefield, never know when something will blow up. Add to the fact GC won a NC two years prior and they're letting him go, harsh. Coordinators hired and fired by the bushel. Roadblocks of Lowder, Dye, Raine, etc. Oh and, Nick Saban up the road. Big names (unless they're toxic already), not a snowballs chance in.................

Roll Tide
    S.N.A.S.S.
    -Richard Heaton-