announcer on css makes fun of AJ for emotions after lsu game

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It's not okay to cry over sports, but hey, go ahead and gamble, argue, juice, and fight over it...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Who cares what this guy or anyone else says? Big deal. Not everybody likes Bama, Saban or A.J. or Tide fans in general. In fact I would say we are probably disliked more than liked. That happens when you're winning. :BigA:

On the flip side no one has to watch/like this guy or his show for that matter. :D

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The only show I watch on CSS is the talkin football on Wednesday. Tony Barnhart is on there, so I enjoy their preview of the games to come.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
And by the way, Ryan is a personal friend of mine. He goes too far to try and get laughs at times. If it makes any of the offended feel any better, he was equally as critical of Tebow crying after we beat them in 2009. But it is what it is. Not everyone is as happy as we are that our team is doing well. So they'll take shots where ever they can.

Speaking of poking fun at a kid crying, I certainly hope no one offended by this participated in poking fun at Tebow when he was emotional after the loss to us in 2009. Of course not. We're much too classy for that.
guilty

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I was in the Ga Dome and they put Tebow up on the big screen when the tears came. Many people started cheering and laughing and I just shook my head. Not so much at the fans cheering but the fact that he was crying on the field. I remember saying, "kid take that in the locker room." If you have ever played sports and have tasted some success, when you find yourself at the end of the road and fall short, the tears do come flowing in the locker room with the realization that it is over and the last taste in your mouth is a loss and it sits with you the rest of your life. I am sure that Tebow felt that on that night. I thought it best to take it in the locker room where it stays and the public doesn't see it and carries on about it. Crying during a loss it seen as much weaker than crying during a win. That is more tears of joy. As with AJ, I have wondered this week if those tears were a combination of relief and pain. It seems to me the kid is in some pain and then top that off with the fact that I think this team is not playing for a West crown or a conference crown. This team fully expects another NC and anything less is a complete failure.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was in the Ga Dome and they put Tebow up on the big screen when the tears came. Many people started cheering and laughing and I just shook my head. Not so much at the fans cheering but the fact that he was crying on the field. I remember saying, "kid take that in the locker room." If you have ever played sports and have tasted some success, when you find yourself at the end of the road and fall short, the tears do come flowing in the locker room with the realization that it is over and the last taste in your mouth is a loss and it sits with you the rest of your life. I am sure that Tebow felt that on that night. I thought it best to take it in the locker room where it stays and the public doesn't see it and carries on about it. Crying during a loss it seen as much weaker than crying during a win. That is more tears of joy. As with AJ, I have wondered this week if those tears were a combination of relief and pain. It seems to me the kid is in some pain and then top that off with the fact that I think this team is not playing for a West crown or a conference crown. This team fully expects another NC and anything less is a complete failure.
He's really in considerable pain and will play the rest of the season that way. Can't make a judgment if that were part of his emotion welling up, but that's possible. I'm quite sure that athletes have cried over both winning and losing since the times of the ancient Greeks (at least). I'm not sure why it's such a big deal...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Why get upset over what some hack writes or says on TV. Stewart was attempting to provoke
a response and generate some buzz for his show.

Over the years most of us learn that the opinions that matter is our own, and to a lesser extent
our friends & teammates.

I've never understood razzing a player for raw emotion after a major win, or loss.
We expect our guys to lay in on the line and give everything. AJ did, Tebow did too.

The adult way to respond is to ignore media attacks by hacks like Stewart.
Don't argue with them, or give them ammunition to further attack, or make fun of us...
He is after-all small and insignificant in so many ways.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
And by the way, Ryan is a personal friend of mine. He goes too far to try and get laughs at times. If it makes any of the offended feel any better, he was equally as critical of Tebow crying after we beat them in 2009. But it is what it is. Not everyone is as happy as we are that our team is doing well. So they'll take shots where ever they can.

Speaking of poking fun at a kid crying, I certainly hope no one offended by this participated in poking fun at Tebow when he was emotional after the loss to us in 2009. Of course not. We're much too classy for that.
Seriously. We had pages and pages of threads where people were laughing at Tebow for crying. Absurd.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Nice post. Chuckling at your sarcasm.

The hypocrisy of SEC fans, including (maybe even especially?) us Alabama fans, never ceases to amaze.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
So an overweight, middle-aged guy has a stupid opinion.

Happens every day in my house. :wink:
Truer words n'er spoken. Same here.

Honest to God, I did not laugh at Tebow for crying. If this game means so much to me, I have no idea what it means to them and I can only guess. For any of you out there who were wearing "He cried for our sins...", you disgusted me. Tears are part of being human, we shed them for extremes on most any emotion even when freaking laughing. So... who cares?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I was about to say the same thing. If I remember correctly Tebow got hammered for crying after that game. It's always different when it's *your* team or *your* quarterback.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I'm much more offended by sports "analysts" judging us solely on that game now and fully expecting us to lose to TAMU. That is far more ignorant and insulting to me.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I was about to say the same thing. If I remember correctly Tebow got hammered for crying after that game. It's always different when it's *your* team or *your* quarterback.
I'm not the classiest but I didn't get why a lot of people did that. Did seem to me where I lived most of the people getting onto Tebow was UGA and FSU fans. Most of them are not un-classy, they're just very immature. Can't enjoy a game without getting blitz-krieged out of their minds.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.