Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Latest Bama News 11/9 Pre Game Thru 11/10/2012 Game Day Edition

This is Where the football season never ends! Bama News first, and foremost,
    interesting SEC news, and salient football news:

Paul Bryant played at Alabama and later coached at Texas A&M (1954-57) before returning to Alabama in 1958. Gene Stallings played for Bryant at Texas A&M, coached for Bryant at Alabama, then went on to be the head coach both at Texas A&M and Alabama.

Through Paul Bryant, Alabama and Texas A&M have been connected like brothers (beat column)-al.com

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 11/9 Pre Game Thru 11/10/2012 Game Day Edition

"Yeah, D.J. is big on kind of firing up people, and getting fired up," Alabama centerBarrett Jones said, as he began smiling the moment he began talking about Fluker. "I’m kind of less of an emotional person, but that’s kind of how D.J. plays, on emotion, and he does enjoy getting his mind right."

Fluker leaves no doubt he likes to ‘get your mind right'-Daily Bama Blog

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If the University of Alabama's offense exposed then-undefeated Mississippi State defensively in a 38-7 win two weeks ago, Texas A&M introduced an ...
    Aggies like to spread out opposing defenses-TideSports

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Crimson Tideís national title hopes resting on what happened over the next few snaps against an LSU defense that had all the answers during a dominant second half. It just didnít feel new to McCarron or the rest of his offensive teammates, who needed just five plays to salvage all of Alabamaís remaining goals and wrap up one of the most dramatic Crimson Tide victories in recent memory. As loud as Tiger Stadium shook....
    Inside the weekly 2-minute drill simulation that helped No. 1 Alabama preserve its perfect season-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Is a game like this won more on the practice field or in the film room? "I think all games are won with a combination of both," Alabama coach Nick Saban said after practice Wednesday. "I think players having a good understanding of what they have to defend by how they study and how they prepare mentally in terms of what the other team does and then having a good understanding of what we're trying to do whether it's offense, defense, special teams, it doesn't really matter. "Then taking it to the field and being able to execute physically with the technique, discipline, eye control, whatever you want to call the fundamentals of it to be able to go into the game and have the best opportunity to do it against a really good player.
    Is a game like Alabama-Texas A&M won on the practice field or in the film room? | al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've always been a fan of reading stories from an outside source on a local issue. This one is from another stratosphere. The Brisbane Times -- the one in Australia -- wrote about hometown hero Jesse William's path to the defensive line at Alabama. Here's some flavor:

Read the view of 'Bama football in Australian newspaper-Daily Bama Blog

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Anthony Steen came to the Alabama media room Wednesday after practice with a big bandage on one of his hands. "It's all right," the junior right guard said. "A little bit of swelling, but I'll be fine." He was asked if somebody stepped on his hand Saturday in a 21-17 come-from-behind victory at LSU. "Just trying to block somebody and got hit on top and just made it real sore here and there," Steen said. "But I'll be fine." Was that dramatic game as physical as everyone thought it would be? "Yes, sir, but it wasn't a beating in any way, it was more fun than anything, I guess," Steen said. "I'd definitely do it again. "Probably more fun than I've had in a long time around here, that game. Even though it was a nail biter, I loved it."

LSU game was 'more fun than I've had in a long time,' Tide's Anthony Steen says | al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nick Saban shocked the football world when he announced his disdain for the no-huddle offense, citing the huge advantage it gives and the added injury risk it creates for players. After a month of backlash, multiple interpretations of his comments, and speculation of whether the Crimson Tide could handle the no-huddle offense, Saban and his No. 1 ranked defense finally have a chance to put all that talk to rest as they take on Texas A&Mís high-powered no-huddle offense this weekend. Junior linebacker Adrian Hubbard isnít worried about having to face a no-huddle offense. "Whatever happens, happens," Hubbard said....
    Texas A&Mís no-huddle offense creates chance for Tide to showcase practice | The Crimson White

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

A&M's offense has prospered under first-year head coach Kevin Sumlin, who brought in former Texas Tech quarterback Kliff Kingsbury as his offensive coordinator. A&M is fourth in the country in scoring offense at 44.7 points per game and fifth in total offense at 559.6 yards per game. "They make a ton of big plays. and it's going to be important that we can get players lined up and playing what they have to defend," Saban said. Manziel leads the SEC in rushing at 102.4 yards per game and is second in the country in total offense at 383.2 ypg. He's accounted for 31 touchdowns, 14 more than Alabama running backs Eddie Lacy and T.J. Yeldon have combined. "He's extremely quick," said Saban, comparing Manziel to former Boston College great Doug Flutie. "He's very instinctive. He has the unique ability to extend plays and seems to know when to take off and run it."
    A&M's high-powered offense, Alabama's stout defense a marquee matchup - Aggie Sports: Football

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The hype entering Saturdayís game between top-ranked Alabama and No. 15 Texas A&M revolves around the Crimson Tideís dominate defense and the Aggiesí prolific offense. But that only tells part of the story. It overshadows Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron and Texas A&M defensive end Damontre Moore. McCarron is a Heisman Trophy candidate who hasnít thrown an interception. Moore is second in the nation in tackles for losses and tied for second in sacks. Alabamaís offense and Texas A&Mís defense might both be a bit underrated, but both teams know these units canít be overlooked. "All the way across the board, there are no weaknesses in this offense," Texas A&M defensive coordinator Mark Snyder said. "Each week when you go into a game, you see a weakness here or there that you may be able to attack. Theyíre good across the board ... theyíre a complete offense."
    Aggies defense, Tide offense pretty good - Brattleboro Reformer

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Two teams enter Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday afternoon with the same mindset, yet on different paths. For one, national title hopes hang in the balance of each snap, coming off a thriller in Baton Rouge, La. The other has gained the respect of the SEC already but is hungry for more. Chandler Smith, sports editor for The Battalion student newspaper at Texas A&M, said the hype surrounding the game is the largest heís ever seen. "Thereís a lot of buzz about it right now," he said. "This is our last big game, and itís very similar to the LSU and Florida game because A&M has a ton of momentum coming into this game, and I think everyone has bought into this team and coaching staff."
    Crimson Tide, Texas A&M matchup to lead to different ends | The Crimson White