Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
The Crimson Tide’s national title hopes resting on what happened over the next few snaps against an LSU defense that had all the answers during a dominant second half. It just didn’t feel new to McCarron or the rest of his offensive teammates, who needed just five plays to salvage all of Alabama’s remaining goals and wrap up one of the most dramatic Crimson Tide victories in recent memory. As loud as Tiger Stadium shook....
Inside the weekly 2-minute drill simulation that helped No. 1 Alabama preserve its perfect season-al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Is a game like this won more on the practice field or in the film room? "I think all games are won with a combination of both," Alabama coach Nick Saban said after practice Wednesday. "I think players having a good understanding of what they have to defend by how they study and how they prepare mentally in terms of what the other team does and then having a good understanding of what we're trying to do whether it's offense, defense, special teams, it doesn't really matter. "Then taking it to the field and being able to execute physically with the technique, discipline, eye control, whatever you want to call the fundamentals of it to be able to go into the game and have the best opportunity to do it against a really good player.
Is a game like Alabama-Texas A&M won on the practice field or in the film room? | al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Anthony Steen came to the Alabama media room Wednesday after practice with a big bandage on one of his hands. "It's all right," the junior right guard said. "A little bit of swelling, but I'll be fine." He was asked if somebody stepped on his hand Saturday in a 21-17 come-from-behind victory at LSU. "Just trying to block somebody and got hit on top and just made it real sore here and there," Steen said. "But I'll be fine." Was that dramatic game as physical as everyone thought it would be? "Yes, sir, but it wasn't a beating in any way, it was more fun than anything, I guess," Steen said. "I'd definitely do it again. "Probably more fun than I've had in a long time around here, that game. Even though it was a nail biter, I loved it."

LSU game was 'more fun than I've had in a long time,' Tide's Anthony Steen says | al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Nick Saban shocked the football world when he announced his disdain for the no-huddle offense, citing the huge advantage it gives and the added injury risk it creates for players. After a month of backlash, multiple interpretations of his comments, and speculation of whether the Crimson Tide could handle the no-huddle offense, Saban and his No. 1 ranked defense finally have a chance to put all that talk to rest as they take on Texas A&M’s high-powered no-huddle offense this weekend. Junior linebacker Adrian Hubbard isn’t worried about having to face a no-huddle offense. "Whatever happens, happens," Hubbard said....
Texas A&M’s no-huddle offense creates chance for Tide to showcase practice | The Crimson White

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
A&M's offense has prospered under first-year head coach Kevin Sumlin, who brought in former Texas Tech quarterback Kliff Kingsbury as his offensive coordinator. A&M is fourth in the country in scoring offense at 44.7 points per game and fifth in total offense at 559.6 yards per game. "They make a ton of big plays. and it's going to be important that we can get players lined up and playing what they have to defend," Saban said. Manziel leads the SEC in rushing at 102.4 yards per game and is second in the country in total offense at 383.2 ypg. He's accounted for 31 touchdowns, 14 more than Alabama running backs Eddie Lacy and T.J. Yeldon have combined. "He's extremely quick," said Saban, comparing Manziel to former Boston College great Doug Flutie. "He's very instinctive. He has the unique ability to extend plays and seems to know when to take off and run it."
A&M's high-powered offense, Alabama's stout defense a marquee matchup - Aggie Sports: Football

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
The hype entering Saturday’s game between top-ranked Alabama and No. 15 Texas A&M revolves around the Crimson Tide’s dominate defense and the Aggies’ prolific offense. But that only tells part of the story. It overshadows Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron and Texas A&M defensive end Damontre Moore. McCarron is a Heisman Trophy candidate who hasn’t thrown an interception. Moore is second in the nation in tackles for losses and tied for second in sacks. Alabama’s offense and Texas A&M’s defense might both be a bit underrated, but both teams know these units can’t be overlooked. "All the way across the board, there are no weaknesses in this offense," Texas A&M defensive coordinator Mark Snyder said. "Each week when you go into a game, you see a weakness here or there that you may be able to attack. They’re good across the board ... they’re a complete offense."
Aggies defense, Tide offense pretty good - Brattleboro Reformer

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Two teams enter Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday afternoon with the same mindset, yet on different paths. For one, national title hopes hang in the balance of each snap, coming off a thriller in Baton Rouge, La. The other has gained the respect of the SEC already but is hungry for more. Chandler Smith, sports editor for The Battalion student newspaper at Texas A&M, said the hype surrounding the game is the largest he’s ever seen. "There’s a lot of buzz about it right now," he said. "This is our last big game, and it’s very similar to the LSU and Florida game because A&M has a ton of momentum coming into this game, and I think everyone has bought into this team and coaching staff."
Crimson Tide, Texas A&M matchup to lead to different ends | The Crimson White

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Saban said Manziel reminds him more of Doug Flutie than Michigan's Denard Robinson or former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, now with the Carolina Panthers. "I had to play against (Flutie) a long time ago," the former Kent State defensive back said. "But he's a really good player, a really good competitor and that's who this guy reminds me of. He can throw it, he's not great big in stature or anything like that, he's extremely quick. He's very instinctive. Has a unique ability to extend plays and seems to know when to take off and run it. And he scrambles and makes plays throwing the ball down the field. "But this is a unique guy in terms of his playmaking ability and his size, quickness and speed and ability to make people miss in space."
No. 1 Alabama awaits Manziel, No. 15 Texas A&M | wlfi.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Sumlin said this game is exactly what they expected since the beginning of the season but noted the Aggies’ crescendo in momentum after winning two pivotal SEC road contests. "We’ve played a lot of places," Sumlin said. "This game has been on the schedule for weeks. We’re not going to change our approach this week in any way. I’ll be more excited Saturday than I am now. For us [this game] couldn’t come at a better time." The Aggies are riding a five-game road winning streak and face the toughest competition in the nation for the first time since the 2003-2004 season when A&M faced Oklahoma in Norman, Okla. The Texas A&M defense is ranked 46th nationally while Alabama’s offense is ranked 48th. Moore said there is no reason to overlook the Heisman-hopeful quarterback in A.J. McCarron. "Their quarterback is up for the Heisman," Moore said. "Their running back core is always talked about. A true freshman running back is doing great things. Yes, they talk more about the defense, but it’s a defensive league."
A&M braces for Bama brawl - Sports - The Battalion - Texas A&M

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
"People have to remember he's only played nine football games and we're nine games into a completely new offense for more than just him," first-year Aggies Coach Kevin Sumlin said. "We should be better than we were nine weeks ago, and I think we are at this point." Like Tebow and Newton, Manziel is proving that spread offenses can cause problems for SEC defenses. Each week he's asked about Manziel, Florida Coach Will Muschamp sounds more relieved that he's done preparing for the Aggies' offense. "They're going to make you defend the entire field, 531/3 yards wide and 120 deep," Muschamp said. "With his athleticism, he creates a lot of issues. You've got to control his rush lanes up front. … You've got to tackle well in space when you play teams like this. Generally, the ball's out very quickly in the passing game, so as far as generating pressure, you've got to rush four guys. You can't continue to pressure five and six guys."
Crimson Tide set for Old Man-ziel Football - Sports | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
At long last, Alabama week is here. In a 2012 season of plenty of ups and a couple downs, I can say that I have never watched a more fun Aggie football team than this year's bunch. They've been told for months that they'd get killed in the SEC. They've heard the same tired jokes. They even heard the doubt from within Aggie circles. How have they responded? It's November and Texas A&M matters. A lot. Kevin Sumlin carried a quiet confidence in that Birmingham ballroom and it has resonated in this team. Does Texas A&M belong in the SEC? Hell yes. Out of TCU, West Virginia, Mizzou, and A&M, the Aggies are the lone program with a winning conference record. Kevin Sumlin already has as many SEC West wins as Dan Mullen and as many total SEC wins as Derek Dooley. There is a surge of momentum that continues to mount in this program and people are noticing. Recruits are noticing.[/QUOTE

Texas A&M vs. Alabama: It's Time. - Good Bull Hunting

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.