Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: First Bama game you ever watched?

1st game that I remember watching was Alabama at Nebraska in 1977. Bama lost but I was hooked on the Tide.

I have a few memories of the 1976 Liberty bowl against UCLA but I really did not watch it. I remember my dad and grandfather giving me score updates.

1st game that I attended was Texas A&M vs Alabama in 1985 at Legion Field. Bama won 23-10 or something like that.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    First Bama game I went to was 1995 at Vandy. More Bama fans in their stadium and it was awesome.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That's a harder question than it appears. I used to have pictures of me as a very small child at games with my Dad before a fire, not sure what game I actually watched and paid attention to all the way through first. It was probably in the late '60s and early '70s that I really got into actually watching the games and finding out what was really going on instead of just being excited when everyone else was. I do remember being bitterly disappointed leaving the '73 Cotton Bowl when I was 10. I guess that is an indication of when I was really into watching the game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    The first Alabama play I remember is Freddie Milons taking a reverse or something like that to the house. I can't remember for the life of me who it was against. I am only 21...so I am just now getting to enjoy Alabama football.

September 25, 1999 vs Arkansas
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

The first one I remember watching on TV was the barn game where Ray Ogden ran a KO back over 100 yds for a TD. Not sure it was the first one I watched, just the first one I remember. And I don't even remember when that was.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

First Bama game I remember watching on TV was the third Bama game ever televised. The 1953 Orange Bowl. 61-6 Bama!

The first Bama game I attended in person was the fourth Bama game ever televised. Third Saturday in October of 1953. 0-0 tie! It was also my first date. Little girl and I rode the trolley from Woodlawn to Legion Field. We were both 11 years old. Imagine that in today's world!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    First game I truly remember was the 1992 National Championship. I was 8 and I remember everyone going insane when Teague stripped the ball. The emotion in the room after that play is probably what sucked me into being a lifelong fan.
    To me, that's always summed up Alabama football. Don't quit on a play. I was watching that in Israel while I was on a ship (was in the USMC back then) with a ton of band-wagon Miami fans watching. They were stunned to say the least.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Don't remember, but we would probably have been running the Wishbone by that time.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Alabama vs. Boston College 1984
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    The first one I remember watching on TV was the barn game where Ray Ogden ran a KO back over 100 yds for a TD. Not sure it was the first one I watched, just the first one I remember. And I don't even remember when that was.
    It was the second half kick off of the 1964 game with the barn leading 7-6 at the half. Officially it was 100 yards , but he was 7 yards deep in the end zone when he received the kick. I couldn't believe he was bringing it out.

It was the difference in the 21-14 Bama win that clinched the 1964 NC.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

October 20, 1973 Alabama 42 Tennessee 21. 80 yd TD pass from Gary Rutledge to Wayne Wheeler on the 1st play of the game...I was 11 and remember running to tell my Grandmother we had scored already and she pretty much told me to stop telling stories

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Pony View Post
    October 20, 1973 Alabama 42 Tennessee 21. 80 yd TD pass from Gary Rutledge to Wayne Wheeler on the 1st play of the game...I was 11 and remember running to tell my Grandmother we had scored already and she pretty much told me to stop telling stories
    Back then my daughter and brother-in-law(ut fan) had a ten dollar bet on the Bama-ut game every year. After that play, he handed her ten dollars.

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I know I had watched Bama games previous to this, but the first game I really remember is the '81 Cotton Bowl win over Baylor. First game in person was '89 Kentucky game when Hollingsworth took over the QB job. Unless you'd count the A-day game ('85, I think?) that was held at Legion Field.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius