First Bama game you ever watched?

TexanBammer

All-SEC
Sep 8, 2012
Richardson, TX
First game I attended was the Bama/Texas Tech game at the Cotton Bowl. Mom went to SMU, dad went to Kentucky, so grew up cheering for both (and still do in every sport unless they play Bama) until the '06 Cotton Bowl. Am a relative noob to Bama, but still love everything about the program and campus.

DeaconBlues

1st Team
Oct 4, 2005
Anchorage, AK
I was an 11 year old lad when I got to see Bama over Cal 66-0, 1973 @ Legion Field :)
Saw many more games there growing up in West End.

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
As many times as this these threads get started, they always seem popular...
Young fans join every year and make me feel older.

The 72 iron bowl is the game that I remember the most watching as a young lad. I'm sure I watched several games before that with my Dad, but that game sticks in my mind.
It was the year after punt Bama punt, which I listened to on the radio for a while, then was playing in the yard when our auburn neighbor came outside and started screaming.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
It was the second half kick off of the 1964 game with the barn leading 7-6 at the half. Officially it was 100 yards , but he was 7 yards deep in the end zone when he received the kick. I couldn't believe he was bringing it out.

It was the difference in the 21-14 Bama win that clinched the 1964 NC.
Yeah, I was 11...I had listened to many games on the radio before that, and I probably saw some too, just don't remember...LOL

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
Didn't play much on TV back then, so my first game was in person was at age 7 in Legion Field vs TCU in 1975 and we won 45-0. I can still remember Coach Bryant leaning against the goal post in his traditional pre-game fashion! Made me a fan for life!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.