Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: I Once Saw Johnny.....

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAFEVER50 View Post
    I once saw Johnny earn the respect from the undefeated National Champions and raise the real question of freshmen winning the heisman.
    ^^^This!!! He really is better than advertised. Can he declare for the draft after his freshman year? He deserves all the credit for the win tonight. Kudos to him and Coach Sumlin.
    Last edited by Alajambama; November 10th, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yep, Johnny Football is the real deal!
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I Once Saw Johnny.....

I'm not ready to say all that. Particularly without mentioning his offensive line. Not that we have all world pass rushers, but on those incredibly impressive pin point passes from Manzell, he didn't have a Bama receiver within 5 yards of him. And when he did have success running early, his big uglies were downfield doing work.

The kid played a great game, but I'm not crowning him. His linemen deserve much more credit than they're getting
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; November 10th, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I'm not ready to say all that. Particularly without mentioning his offensive line. Not that we have all world pass rushers, but on those incredibly impressive pin point passes from Manzell, he didn't have a Bama receiver within 5 yards of him. And when he did have success running early, his big uglies were downfield doing work.

The kid played a great game, but I'm not crowning him. His linemen deserve much more credit than they're getting
    His linemen didn't get hit by three bama defenders, bobble the ball straight up, regain control, and still find the open receiver for a touchdown after scrambling away from the pressure. The kid is a baller and he can't leave the SEC west too soon for my liking.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post

All true but by that standard, Mark would not have won.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CoastGhost View Post
    All true but by that standard, Mark would not have won.
    The big uglies never get the credit that they deserve. Johnny Football will lose two outstanding offensive tackles next year and the sure handed Swope; however, I'll bet he still puts on a good show.

Kick Bama's ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alajambama View Post
    ^^^This!!! He really is better than advertised. Can he declare for the draft after his freshman year? He deserves all the credit for the win tonight. Kudos to him and Coach Sumlin.
    He is a RS freshman and has to stay one more year. His HS graduating class has to be three years out before he can declare. I'm not sure some of his skills translate all that well to the NFL...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    He is a RS freshman and has to stay one more year. His HS graduating class has to be three years out before he can declare. I'm not sure some of his skills translate all that well to the NFL...
    Yeah man, I was kidding. I dread the Tide having to face him 2-3 more times. He is the real deal and whatever accolades he receives, he deserves.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

To Johnny Manziel:

You are so awesome and fantastic and great, you should definitely go pro after next year. Don't listen to your coaches they are just selfish and want to keep you around for themselves. Heck you should consider actually petitioning the NCCA to go pro right now.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

This guys deserves the Heisman. It's sucks we lost to him but he has my vote.