Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: No SEC National Champion

Had to happen sooner of later. Now the rest of the FCB world can watch the MNC game. I just hate losing to the Auburn of Texas.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Assuming we don't get a shot at the NC I'm going to start pulling for KState.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Ya'll some Debbie Downers.

The SEC isn't going to be in the National Title forever. I know we had chances to win against Texas A&M tonight, but it didn't happen. You can't win every game. Considering everything Alabama's been through with injuries, playing 3 top 15 teams in a row and losing great players to the NFL, this could still end up being a very good season for the Crimson Tide. Alabama still has the Iron Bowl, SECCG and assuming they win the SECCG, they have a BCS Bowl Game (Sugar Bowl) to compete in. But I won't jump the gun on that.

We're a privileged fan base and sometimes I think we take what we have for granted. There are fans and teams out there who would love to win 10+ games a season and be ranked in the top 5 or top 10 every season. I say we focus on Alabama and not the 'SEC Dominance.' Everything will play out the way it will play out and we have to accept the outcome.

Liked and Thanked this post.

But I agree, it isn't the end of the world. Yes, I am disappointed and shocked, but it is what it is. We can do something we haven't done since 2009 and win the SEC.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Liked and Thanked this post.

But I agree, it isn't the end of the world. Yes, I am disappointed and shocked, but it is what it is. We can do something we haven't done since 2009 and win the SEC.
    Exactly what I was thinking. That 2009 SECCG was one of my favorite games of all time. And the fact that we're going back is a great feeling.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. That 2009 SECCG was one of my favorite games of all time. And the fact that we're going back is a great feeling.
    I like your positive way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tide power fan View Post
    If ND is undefeated they will go before us that's tough, that's life. We still have a chance, and let's just wait and see.
    Any of the top teams will go ahead of Bama if undefeated.

BamaNation First Team BamafanNPC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

There is still 3 weeks of football left. ND still has USC. They have not played anyone with a potent offense all year. K-state still has Texas, and Oregon still has a couple of games that they could lose. Pressure is now on these three to stay unbeaten. If two lose and we win out, including SECCG over a top 5 team, I think we would be in the NCG. I didn't think it would happen last year but it did. LSU lost on Thanksgiving weekend and still made it to the NCG a couple of years ago. Anything is possible. Tonight was a setback, but this season is not over yet.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yes, tonight was a disappointment. We started off slow and played from behind the entire game. We haven't been used to that situation for a long time. But if everything always went according to plan, what a dull and boring life we would all have. It's just this type of disappointment that gives us the opportunity to make ourselves better. RTR

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by braggtd View Post
    Don't deserve it guys. Lost to #15 at the house. [...] You can't protect home, you don't deserve a BCSNCG defense. Just saying.
    You don't remember 2011?

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Yep and I expect UGA to win the SECC game.
    Gray, come buddy that scary ledge is really close. Lets step back!

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Wow. Do I have to practice saying "hook em"?

BamaNation Second Team CaptainTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Kansas State and Notre Dame do not have conference championships.

Assuming we drop to 4 or maybe even 5 (behind Georgia if 5) in the BCS tomorrow, and we win out including the SECCG vs a top 5 Georgia team, we get in behind Oregon. #1 Oregon, #2 Alabama would be the BCS Championship.

That's just how it would go. Do a little research. The points, rankings, etc, all need to be taken into account. We won't drop far tomorrow and if we go to the SECCG and beat a #5 team well? One-loss SEC Champion takes it over unbeaten KSU or ND, due to Bama playing a 13th game. The BCS likes that.
    I haven't lost hope yet, and none of you should either. We don't even need anyone to lose. Just take care of business, and take care of it handily.

Even if we go to the Sugar Bowl and play a silly Big 12 team or whatever, still an amazing season.

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    Assuming we don't get a shot at the NC I'm going to start pulling for KState.
    Me too. I also want Bama to hang about 800 on Auburn just because this one hurts so bad.

BamaNation All-SEC

This is precisely why I was against SEC expansion. It was already difficult to run the table and make it to the NC game but adding more teams and more conference games it is going to be even more difficult.