No SEC National Champion

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
After losing the players to the draft that Bama did, suffering through the loss of our #2 running back (who would be anybody else's #1), and another injury to one of our top receivers in what was due to a rebuilding year for our defense anyway, I think a one loss season and a very good chance of an SEC Championship is a good year and I'll take it. No one should expect to win 3 NCs in 4 years. Coach Bryant couldn't even accomplish that when there was not an 85 scholarship limit.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The SEC not winning the BCS this year is actually healthy for the league. Anyone who keeps up with Nascar, the SEC is Jimmy Johnson. Bama has been on a long stressful run. It just got too big for the team obviously. But my ultimate goal is still very much alive.......beat Auburn and win the SEC.

I hope that some of these young defensive players end up reaching the level of their predecessor. We needed a Clowney type player these year.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Even when I don't particularly like Brando, I give him credit for calling it that there would be no undefeated SEC Teams.

Now he is trying to appeal to the Bama and Georgia fans, but I don't disagree with his tweet:

"@TimBrando: I expect the winner of the SEC Title game to have a spot waiting in the BCS Championship game. Bama is not out of it, and Georgia has a shot"

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
As I continue to watch the game, & pray for a miracle comeback, I think the SEC has taken itself out of the big game.
what if two of the top 3 loses.....the season isn't over..yet
It would be a long shot, considering the entire football world doese'nt want the sec to win!
I'm sure the only fan base that maybe pulled for Bama to win was , the longhorns!

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Even when I don't particularly like Brando, I give him credit for calling it that there would be no undefeated SEC Teams.
He's been picking against Bama since last year. I guess if you pick against us as much as he does, you are bound to get it right sooner or later.

I don't care for Mr. Brando. He's an LSWHO homer and a Bama hater.

kotider

Jul 18, 2007
Brando is now tweeting the winner of Bama and Georgia will be in the BCSNC. I also believe if we win out we will be there.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
I'm not angry anymore (well not skull crushing angry that is), and the one thing that always put the 'fear' in me is that the SEC (even though lets be honest SEC could handle most teams) was going to be shut out of the MNC this year. That was a lot for me to take I can't imagine how it rested on the players shoulders too. Hate the thought that politics has such a handle on effort with respect to the MNC in football.

Do we deserve a shot at the title? IDK nor would I be able to go out to defend that theory, but I do think that we are better than we played (no offense to Mr. Football, but he reminded me of Tebow in the SEC championship game. Inspired throws/inspired catches that we didn't or couldn't defend at that time). We play him again...he cries.

I like that we expanded our conference, and this loss doesn't change that mindset. If we want to be the best ya got to play the best. Right now we got some learning to do right along with more fire in the players belly to get a chance at the title.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
The SEC not winning the BCS this year is actually healthy for the league. Anyone who keeps up with Nascar, the SEC is Jimmy Johnson. Bama has been on a long stressful run. It just got too big for the team obviously. But my ultimate goal is still very much alive.......beat Auburn and win the SEC.

I hope that some of these young defensive players end up reaching the level of their predecessor. We needed a Clowney type player these year.
:conf2:

You sound like Les Miles after the Auburn game this year. "It was good for us to be a in a game that was very tight."

The SEC not winning the National Championship this year will have zero benefits to the league. To think otherwise is an excuse and simply doesn't make any sense.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.