No SEC National Champion

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
We've still got a slim shot at the BCS title. Just like last year, let's take care of the rest of our business and see what happens.
Completely agree. As fans, let's just see what happens. The players and coaches want a national championship, and they're going to give it all they've got to get back there. We shouldn't give up hope because are they going to? No.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Well I haven't given up, with more than likely UGA, ND, KSU, Oregon ahead of us we have a great chance to move up. We should beat UGA, I'm not sold on Notre Dumb finishing undefeated, and K State can make things interesting sometimes. Oregon still has The Civil War and the PAC12 title game as well. Things are far from over for us...

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
Not so fast, my friends!! I will not give up on the TIDE and the possibility of playing for the MNC.

Oregon has a tough schedule after tonight with Stanford, Oregon St, and either UCLA or USC in the Pac-12 CG. I can see them losing to any of those teams.

Notre Dame still has to go to USC, and they haven't faced a decent offense all year. Bad part is, USC's defense is HORRIBLE!

Kansas St faces Texas on 12/1. Wouldn't that be ironic if Texas helped us back into the MNC game?!

What Bama has to do is WIN! Even if the next 2 could be "gimme's", Georgia will not be!

I like to remain positive and find the bright side. Even tho I, too, am bummed about the loss, I will NOT concede ANYTHING!!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just like last year, Bama can only hope for the chips to correctly fall. Have to wonder what the computers would think of an undefeated K-State compared to a 12-1 Bama/UGA.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Honestly we have a more realistic path to Miami right now than we did to NOLA after the LSU game last year. Iowa St beating Okie St and TCU over Boise were both major upsets. Would it be a major upset for USC to beat ND? NO! Would it be a major upset for Oregon St to beat Oregon? NO! Would TX beating KState be anywhere near Iowa St beating Okie St last year? Hell NO!

We lost to a very quality aTm team. An aTm team that will be in the top 10. Worse case, we end up #3 in the final poll,if we win out. This senior class can still set th SEC record with 49 wins.

To anyone who thinks Nick through this game b/c he is focused on Texas or the NFL is CRAZY...

ROLL TIDE ROLL...

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
As much as I do feel like we made critical mistakes, baffling play-calling, and looked extremely flat the last two weeks, I am still extremely positive about our chances. We may or may not get back to the BCSNCG, but I like our chances against the dawgs. Hopefully this loss makes our boys hungry again.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is why the 4 game playoff is so much better than the current format. You now need luck to make it to a single game, where in 2 years you would still have complete control over your destiny.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
No SEC team deserves to play for all the beans this year. With SEC fatigue such a big factor nationally, we need to take the hit now because once the four team playoff begins teams out west aren't going to be able to BS their way to a title with a weak schedule, there will most likely always be at least one powerhouse SEC team in that lot.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Making it to the SECCG is always the first Goal!

That would make for a Great season honestly for this team.

I had heard we played 16 Freshmen? Not sure if it's true but Bama has some pieces yet to put in place.

Team just needs to settle down & play Alabama football. It's hard for anyone to come back from 3 TD's down.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
I am not so sure the SEC may not be in the title game again....KSU has Texas on 12/1. Although Texas is not what they were, they still have athletes and anything can happen...Also if you do not think USCw does not want to stick it to ND in the worst kind of way, you do not know that rivalry....and that game will be played in LA.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
No SEC team deserves to play for all the beans this year. With SEC fatigue such a big factor nationally, we need to take the hit now because once the four team playoff begins teams out west aren't going to be able to BS their way to a title with a weak schedule, there will most likely always be at least one powerhouse SEC team in that lot.
Huh? Why give up on the season so soon? I'm glad the players and coaches don't have this mentality.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.