****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
Hmm, that's very true. But I'd still be concerned about our lack of a pass rush and I'm not sure that'll change before a hypothetical Oregon matchup.
our lack of elite passrusher definitely hurts us. i guess we need to see how our guys develope.

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
You do realize that A&M only scored 29 points, right? That's with 3 turnovers and awfull offensive playcalling that kept Alabama's defense on the field even more than it should.
You do realize this game was in Tuscaloosa, right?
Or that they jumped on us 21-0?
what about their 3rd down efficiency?
total yards?
rush yards?
top?

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
How about John Fulton doing his best Marquis Johnson impression tonight, ie the SC game from '09 when Spurrier went at him over and over.

Also I think its a bit early to discard out blueprint, ie big DE's because of one game.
Agree with both comments. We just need to find a jack linebacker that is a game changer with the pass rush.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
For some reason, a lot of the highly touted pass rushers are scared away from our 3-4. Guys like Clowney and Jarvis Jones would thrive in Alabama's defense.
Yeah, I don't understand why that is. Clowney is highly regarded and will be a high draft choice but if he were on our defense he would be getting Heisman consideration.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
Yeah, I don't understand why that is. Clowney is highly regarded and will be a high draft choice but if he were on our defense he would be getting Heisman consideration.
He stayed home. Hard to compete with that. Also he might be considered, but that is worth the paper its printed on. PLus he doesnt have to cover where he is, just line up and get the passer.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The hype for our team came when our offense could march down the field via the pass or run. It gave our team an decided advantage combined with our always strong defense, and made us look superior to the rest of the competition.

The regression of the offense, especially the passing game is disappointing.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Saban on TV now for press conference. He blames himself and not having the team ready. He said there are a lot of lessions to be learned here and the team still has a lot they can accomplish. He said two NC he won had teams with 1 loss. He said he was concerned about this week and said the team "seemed like they were out of gas".
I agree with CNS's "out of gas" comment. Everyone knew that the harrowing escape in Baton Rouge would either galvanize Bama, or make them more fragile mentally. It did the latter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.