Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021 LastLast

Re: ****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

Quote Originally Posted by Bamafan P.T. View Post
    Jumped off on punt
    Ah that makes sense. Didn't realize it was him that jumped. But none the less, that's not why we lost and I hope the kid somehow can forget about it.
    "Well, this is the second time this season now that Florida has found itself trailing in a ballgame, they were down 7-0 against Kentucky. There are few truths in an uncertain world but here's one, this ain't Kentucky!" - Verne Lundquist

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWingman View Post
    I think that CNS made a huge, huge mistake by not just running the ball continuously to wear out our defense. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what he was thinking.
    Seemed pretty basic to me, but who knows? Maybe the chance for a 10 yard pass play was worth eschewing a consistent 4-8 yard run play.............

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWingman View Post
    I think that CNS made a huge, huge mistake by not just running the ball continuously to wear out our defense. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what he was thinking. If the stars align, then perhaps you and Oregon will get to play in the MNC and take away some valuable lessons from this game and win the title for Bama and the SEC. Thank God that A&M is no longer in that atrocity known as the Big 12, I'm thrilled to be in an actual football conference with great fans across the board...(well, maybe I should leave out L$U because I loathe them).
    None of us have figured that out yet. Every time the run game started to make good progress, we backed off and tried to pass instead. It was not the game plan most of us expected...
    Last edited by TIDE-HSV; November 10th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafan P.T.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatthemtigers View Post
    Ah that makes sense. Didn't realize it was him that jumped. But none the less, that's not why we lost and I hope the kid somehow can forget about it.
    Definitely not and a bad call IMO anyway. I wasn't calling him out but apparently some in the twitter world must have been and thus the other players coming to his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    None of us have figured that out yet. Every time the run game started to make good progress, we backed off and tried to pass instead. It was not the game plan most of use expected...
    What makes it harder for me to get is the fact that AJ is playing hurt. He has been very inconsistent and missed many wide open passes, yet it seems the gameplan the last two games is to put it on AJ's back.

Then you have the defensive problems...

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    What makes it harder for me to get is the fact that AJ is playing hurt. He has been very inconsistent and missed many wide open passes, yet it seems the gameplan the last two games is to put it on AJ's back.

Then you have the defensive problems...
    I can't explain it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team Gallowglas's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I have to admit that there's something wrong with the way our defense is executing on a lot of plays. There are a lot more missed tackles than there were at the start of the season. It sure seems like our guys haven't been fast enough to really catch the QB on most pressure packages. They just look tired and maybe a little complacent. On offense, I cannot believe that we're not running the ball up their gut more often early in the game. Power football is how we've worn out teams all season and it just seems like suddenly we've switched to trying to play finesse. It's enough that the room full of non-Bama fans even commented on it. We'll still finish well. I think this was probably the wake up call we needed. The Georgia game won't be easy, but we have some time to prepare for that one and while we can't look past the next two games, we don't have to spend too much time preparing for those. We can use that time to figure out what's going wrong and fix it.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's a cinch we can't spot fast paced teams 20 points and play catch up right now.
    We are too banged up for speedy teams, or physical teams...
    We needed to be able to run the ball, and take pressure off of AJ,
    but I'm convinced that our two backs are worn out and injured.
    AJ has been playing injured. His throwing motion and accuracy are off.
    Our receivers are playing injured. Our OL and DL are playing injured.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; November 10th, 2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: jformat

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Roll Tide anyway. Bama team is tired and injury-depleted. The refs didn't help matters. aTm was ready to play. Bama was undisciplined on defense and AGAIN got away from the bread-and-butter run game when it was working. Proud of CNS for putting this on himself. Sounded like another great coach from days gone by. I'm pretty out of it today, being down with pneumonia...seems like a bad dream. Here's pulling for every team Oregon, ND, and kSU play from here on out. Just want Bama to win out either way. Roll Tide.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Suspended

Comforting myself with the fact the we really are thin and injured in a lot of spots. Not sure we would have held up in any event down the stretch.

Now off to teach a morning of Romans - now there's a real problem....

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    None of us have figured that out yet. Every time the run game started to make good progress, we backed off and tried to pass instead. It was not the game plan most of us expected...
    And the unfortunate fact that AJ didn't play up to his normal standards due to injury, fatigue or other reason made for a tough combination.

Is this a watershed moment for Bama? Is this the last time Bama competes for a title for several years? I'm not saying it is, but this 5 year stretch has been amazing and much longer than any one else's in the modern era.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

Quote Originally Posted by AlistarWills View Post
    If I'm being honest...if we were to get out with a win...and went on to play Oregon, we'd be abused. Let's face it. We aren't where we have been in the past with cover skills. We cannot get consistent pressure from our ends and thus we stunt with backers and DB's leaving us a bit exposed.
    We still have a lot to play for.
    Yeah, well I think that is a load because 1) you have a month off and didn't play freaking LSU in DV the week before and. 2) giving CNS a month to scheme for one offense is a BIG difference. Also they use a run-spread like Fl did. If Chiznik can figure it out I would like our chances.

I think people (not most here) tend to forget just how much the defense lost from last year. These guys are young and I think they have done a helluva job. Belue was growing up right before our eyes. They got ZERO help from the offense early on.

I'm not giving up on the guys and am looking forward to an iron bowl and hopefully a trip to neuter the dawgs.

BTW- I think USC and lane Kiffin might be our bestest buddies in 3 weeks.