Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021
    BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    Is this a watershed moment for Bama? Is this the last time Bama competes for a title for several years? I'm not saying it is, but this 5 year stretch has been amazing and much longer than any one else's in the modern era.
    No. And I respond with confidence based on our coaching staff, recruiting process and player development. We won't compete for the BCS Title every year but I fully expect to compete for the SEC Title regularly. Not saying we'll play in Atlanta every December but the CNS process is established and implemented as designed. We'll continue to lose coaches periodicaly but I have full confidence we'll attract quality replacements. I sometimes question Coach Nuss' play calling, as I did McElwain, but I have no idea of the reasoning involved in doing so. There are always underlying circumstances and situations we as fans don't know or see.

It's great to be a Bama Fan!

RTR!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

we didn't play our best and they did, but if the refs make the right call on the helmet hit to aj, we win. that's the truth

Assuming that we were all surprised by the reliance on the pass, I would imagine that A&M was probably caught off guard as well. It then begs the question, why were we unable to consistently complete a pass when we needed it?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post
    Assuming that we were all surprised by the reliance on the pass, I would imagine that A&M was probably caught off guard as well.
    I've always been told by players and coaches that you run what the opponent doesn't expect. While the run was working well, A&M expected it, so Nuss (and probably CNS to an extent) went with the pass to catch them off guard.

It then begs the question, why were we unable to consistently complete a pass when we needed it?
    AJ's injury.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I've always been told by players and coaches that you run what the opponent doesn't expect. While the run was working well, A&M expected it, so Nuss (and probably CNS to an extent) went with the pass to catch them off guard.
    That's conventional wisdom, but it's never really been true. Teams have always played primarily to their strengths. Check out the Patriots when they had Randy Moss - they didnt' decide to run the ball every play just because it's was unexpected? How about the wishbone days at Alabama? Nebraska in the 90s?

In fact the Nebaska games against UT & UF in the 90's are a prime example. UF and UT knew they were going to run and they couldn't stop it. The same with UF vs LSU this year.

The only time teams rely on the "unexpected" is when the offense wouldn't be succesful any other way. That wasn't the case in either the LSU or the TAMU game.
    Last edited by JeffAtlanta; November 11th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

We just were not prepared for Johnny Football and made to many mistakes early in the first half. Props to JM for his pefromance.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by socalbamafan123 View Post
    we didn't play our best and they did, but if the refs make the right call on the helmet hit to aj, we win. that's the truth
    The no call on that brutal helmet hit to Lacy - esp after we'd been called for a far less significant one - sure didn't help things either.

And major props to Eddie for having had returned to play...

My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I can't explain it...
    Maybe if JF hadn't gotten hurt, they're still running out of the I and not abandoning the run game as much. I also think that Bama would have benefitted playing TAM in Sept. the same way it benefitted UF. They're not clicking in Sept. as they are now.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tidetwin View Post
    Assuming that we were all surprised by the reliance on the pass, I would imagine that A&M was probably caught off guard as well. It then begs the question, why were we unable to consistently complete a pass when we needed it?
    I wonder there at the end of the game if Norwood would have been in wouldn't it have helped, I think it would have made a big difference.