****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
Please, let's not blame the officials...we're better than that.

Good game to aTm. I'm going to acknowledge their play on the field:

They ran the ball on us, they threw the ball on us, they didn't turn the ball over, they converted 3rd downs, they played with more composure, and they controlled TOP.

In a competitive setting, sometimes the other team is just better. But, I'm not just going to blame our players...our coaches (who get paid very handsomely I might add) did not do their part. In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that."
I agree. Game plan did not work out this game.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
You know this shocked me completely. But for some reason I am calm about it. We have so much to play for still. A big Iron bowl win! SEC Championship....Sugar Bowl.

If other teams lose, we could still get in to the big game. I hope the players can pick themselves up and move on. They still have to much to win.
We fought to the end, and yes, got screwed left and right by the officials, but 3 turnovers and horrible play calling will kill you every time. Coach Saban said after the LSU game the team could go two ways after that game. I'm hoping we don't throw in the towel now. I don't think we will, but I hope we can finish strong with four straight wins. Krymsonman

68wRTR

All-SEC
Aug 19, 2007
Morris, AL
Good news though, were still in the hunt and DM came back to play. If we win out were in the game. We had 2 terrible games back to back, this will help us soon. Dont jump off the bridge yet. If Shula was still the coach and this happened, I would meet you all at the appointed over pass. Were still in it. Rtr

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Texas A&M played a great game. Bama was down big but never out. Congrats to A&M and I'm proud of the pluck and grit of our guys! On to winning the SEC West and The SEC crown!!!!

bear1973

Scout Team
Nov 8, 2010
I may be the only one who thinks this way, but its like the loss to South Carolina in 2010. It was bound to happen. It actually takes the pressure off a bit. You can't just keep going and keep going year after year. Let's win out now!!

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
This is a downer for sure. I guess we are all a little spoiled, but that goes with being an Alabama. But, all is not lost here; remember, at least we are not in the shape of Tennessee or Auburn.

This team will bounce back and I believe they will keep improving. They left so much on the field last week, it was hard to overcome. For some reason, we have a hard time defending high powered offenses like this. I know for sure, I did not want us to play Oregon; now it is not an issue.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I may be the only one who thinks this way, but its like the loss to South Carolina in 2010. It was bound to happen. It actually takes the pressure off a bit. You can't just keep going and keep going year after year. Let's win out now!!
wonder if that's why aj has played poorly at times the last two games...pressure was getting to him

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
No one is blaming the officials. Our point is that they did make several critical calls that were very suspect. They continually let Swope taunt after every catch and they didn't call some helmet to helmet calls.
How about our 3 turnovers? aTm didn't turn the ball over once.

Turnover ratio is very important in football

or how about we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down?

if your defense can't stop 3rd down conversions, high probability you're gonna lose

or the 400 yds we gave up on defense...again?

or the 165 rushing yards we allowed?

All more valid reasons for losing this game than any ref call/non call

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
No one is blaming the officials. Our point is that they did make several critical calls that were very suspect. They continually let Swope taunt after every catch and they didn't call some helmet to helmet calls.
This. Between college football and little league baseball, let's just say that Officials aren't going to be on my Christmas list this year. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.