Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Re: ****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan82 View Post
    First down on the six yard line and we try a pass on first down. Run the dang ball 4 times from the six. Also where were the personal fouls for the helmet to helmet on Eddie Lacy and the helmet to helmet on A.J. at the two when he almost scored. Should have been a first down at the one. Can't turn the ball over three times and beat an offense like A & M's. Our play selection made we say "what the heck" several times. Well, it is bake to the tackling dummies next week to learn how to tackle again! Roll Tide anyway! We will crush W.CArolina, Auburn, and Georgia. Then, we get to beat the heck out of Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl. No N.C., but still a great year! It could be worse. We could be in Auburn's shoes.
    Amazing A&M gets the calls

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Congrats to aTm. They just made the plays. We had our chance at the end but couldn't finish.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

They fought back hard. It sucks, but had to end sometime

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

You know this shocked me completely. But for some reason I am calm about it. We have so much to play for still. A big Iron bowl win! SEC Championship....Sugar Bowl.

If other teams lose, we could still get in to the big game. I hope the players can pick themselves up and move on. They still have to much to win.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team tidefan26's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Never leave it in the officials hands. Turnovers and a hot QB coupled with the play calling aspect killed us.
    Sic semper tyrannis

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    Tell me how this was not a ref screw job. This won't be popular, but had it not been for thay bad call on the punt, we win.
    Is there some reason some people always blame the refs?
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Hats off to A&M, helluva game. Hats off to the BAMA D for fighting til the end despite being obviously gassed but you kept giving the offense a chance.

Hats off to the offensive players for never giving up. But I end my post with a feeling of being completely baffled at some of the offensive calls. And though it did not cost us the game, the officiating was less than stellar.

Roll Tide anyway

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    Yeehaw on TideFans.com

Good game Aggies.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
    Please, let's not blame the officials...we're better than that.
    No one is blaming the officials. Our point is that they did make several critical calls that were very suspect. They continually let Swope taunt after every catch and they didn't call some helmet to helmet calls.

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    You know this shocked me completely. But for some reason I am calm about it. We have so much to play for still. A big Iron bowl win! SEC Championship....Sugar Bowl.

If other teams lose, we could still get in to the big game. I hope the players can pick themselves up and move on. They still have to much to win.
    I agree.

BamaNation Second Team

defense played ok, offense was no good, neither was aj, turnovers, penalties and still had a chance at the end. play calling was a mystery to me. i say if we had run the ball on almost every play we would have. hindsight. let's beat the barn to death, run it up bigtime.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TriCountyTider View Post
    I blame the offensive play calling... even after going down 20-0 Bama had chances...blown with some of the worst playcalling ever.
    Total team effort. You don't think the opposing team's QB completing his first 14 passes and starting 21 of 23 had anything to do with it? Or all of the 2nd and 3rd chances because our D couldn't wrap up and make a tackle?

I totally question the play-calling as well; but this was a TOTAL TEAM effort from the Head Coach on down.
    RTR

BamaNation First Team CrimsonForever1's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Roll Tide...... A&M is a good football team, with a very good QB...... I think we all started to see the result tonight..... Even when we won, The LSU game showed some flaws in our defense and was taken advantage of...... Even then, our defense made some stops that kept us in the game....We had are chance for another miracle win..... Makes me sad though that a feeble offside penalty kept us for getting one more chance..... Congradulations A&M.... You out played us and out coached us........
    I have but one life to give to my country, and I give it to The Crimson Tide