Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Re: ****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

Hats off to A&M! They're playing their 10th game without a break; their third game in a row on the road; and still brought the house. I hope they win out and get to a great bowl.

Manziel has had too many stellar games for it to be a fluke. He's special.

We'll get 'em next year in College Station.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Bama just made way way too many mistakes in this one. To even have a chance with a 3-0 turnover margin says a lot imo. We escaped last week, no way we could escape it to weeks in a row despite the chance to.

A&M came in and just outplayed and out coached us. Simple as that.
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - SMU MUSTANGS - KENTUCKY WILDCATS

BamaNation Second Team tidegrad92's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamapepper73 View Post
    Hats off to A&M, they played championship ball. We did Not! We had opportunities to win the game and did not make the plays. Simple enough!
    Well said and I agree! We still can win the SEC West and SECC.
    "If wanting to win is a fault, as some of my critics seem to insist, then I plead guilty. I like to win. I know no other way. It's in my blood."
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Proud third generation graduate of THE University

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Well, we lost a game. It happens. The sky isn't falling. We'll be ok.

RTR
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
    Please, let's not blame the officials...we're better than that.

Good game to aTm. I'm going to acknowledge their play on the field:

They ran the ball on us, they threw the ball on us, they didn't turn the ball over, they converted 3rd downs, they played with more composure, and they controlled TOP.

In a competitive setting, sometimes the other team is just better. But, I'm not just going to blame our players...our coaches (who get paid very handsomely I might add) did not do their part. In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's all I have to say about that."
    I agree. Game plan did not work out this game.
    I'm a lead farmer

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    You know this shocked me completely. But for some reason I am calm about it. We have so much to play for still. A big Iron bowl win! SEC Championship....Sugar Bowl.

If other teams lose, we could still get in to the big game. I hope the players can pick themselves up and move on. They still have to much to win.
    We fought to the end, and yes, got screwed left and right by the officials, but 3 turnovers and horrible play calling will kill you every time. Coach Saban said after the LSU game the team could go two ways after that game. I'm hoping we don't throw in the towel now. I don't think we will, but I hope we can finish strong with four straight wins. Krymsonman

refs also failed to call TWO helmet to helmet calls against a&m

Good news though, were still in the hunt and DM came back to play. If we win out were in the game. We had 2 terrible games back to back, this will help us soon. Dont jump off the bridge yet. If Shula was still the coach and this happened, I would meet you all at the appointed over pass. Were still in it. Rtr
    Ezekiel 20:29
    Then I said unto them, What is the high place whereunto ye go? And the name whereof is called Bamah unto this day.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Is there some reason some people always blame the refs?
    Usually I'd be in your corner, but when a helmet to helmet blow on the QB on the 2 yard line with time running out isn't called, it does kind of affect the game.

Texas A&M played a great game. Bama was down big but never out. Congrats to A&M and I'm proud of the pluck and grit of our guys! On to winning the SEC West and The SEC crown!!!!
    Dirt can't hide from intensified Tide!

I may be the only one who thinks this way, but its like the loss to South Carolina in 2010. It was bound to happen. It actually takes the pressure off a bit. You can't just keep going and keep going year after year. Let's win out now!!

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Looking forward to the closers. Then Georgia - then the Sugarbowl against Notre Dame.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

This is a downer for sure. I guess we are all a little spoiled, but that goes with being an Alabama. But, all is not lost here; remember, at least we are not in the shape of Tennessee or Auburn.

This team will bounce back and I believe they will keep improving. They left so much on the field last week, it was hard to overcome. For some reason, we have a hard time defending high powered offenses like this. I know for sure, I did not want us to play Oregon; now it is not an issue.