****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Coaching staff has some work to do...a suggestion from somebody who knows absolutely nothing is to play backups for the whole game next week, let the starters rest and think about the last two weeks, and decide how bad they want to beat the barn and the dawgs. That is if the backups can handle Western Carolina. JMO

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
Eh. We'll all survive. I can't blame the refs because it seemed like there were a few calls that went our way. It's our own fault. We could have come back, were it not for turnovers. Defense showed up brilliantly in the second half (considering the first).
I just REALLY REALLY REALLY hate blaming the refs...especially if you're a fan of a successful college football team or pro team. Officials have been blowing calls ever since competitive sports began...it's nothing new. However, like I said, sooooooo many other valid reasons why we lost this game so why waste your breath on blaming the officials? It makes you look like a sore loser.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
RTR. While I am certainly disappointed with the result, to be fair, on balance, A&M deserved the win (drat it!). Alabama needed to play mistake free football today but unfortunately they did not. I still believe we will the SEC Championship and if certain things happen to the other unbeaten teams, we may still have a chance for the NC game.

Just hoping we will not play LSU and A&M back to back in the years to come. Just too mentally and physically draining for all concerned.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Have the Barners rolled Toomers yet..Seeing how their world revolves around them wanting us to lose..It wouldn't shock me if they forgot about the Georgia game since we lost..

TexanBammer

All-SEC
Sep 8, 2012
Richardson, TX
Am obviously disappointed and upset that we didn't win, but am no where near as angry as I was after the loss to LSU last season. Still going to the SEC Championship game, and still have a chance at the NT game with a little help. Am never not upset after a loss, but definitely is a deserved loss. They flat out beat us and we flat out gave it to em with the turnovers.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
However, like I said, sooooooo many other valid reasons why we lost this game so why waste your breath on blaming the officials? It makes you look like a sore loser.
Again, NO ONE is exclusively blaming the refs. All we're doing is pointing out some suspect calls and non-calls that had a huge effect on the game. The taunting and the helmet to helmet calls were obvious - it's not like holding.

Everyone has also pointed out that Alabama did not play well, made lots of mistakes and suffered from poor play calling. How is that laying the blame solely at the feet of the officials?

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Tough loss for all of us. But this is what builds character and where boys step up and become leaders. Don't ever forget it's a game and no one hurts more than the players! Be supportive, be a leader and come back next week and pull hard again.

Just a simple thought. Remember all the posters that quit on this team there in the 4th QTR? If our players had done the same we would have lost by 3 TD's with no chance at the end. Sorry, but I "Hate" the devil and Quiters.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
If I'm being honest...if we were to get out with a win...and went on to play Oregon, we'd be abused. Let's face it. We aren't where we have been in the past with cover skills. We cannot get consistent pressure from our ends and thus we stunt with backers and DB's leaving us a bit exposed.
We still have a lot to play for.

HendersonKYTide

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2006
Well I'm still a little shocked, but always thought this would be our toughest game mainly because it was the second of LSU and A&M. We did make Johnny Football look like the best ever tonight! We got beat by a hot qb in the first quarter! I agree that playcalling was a little odd at the end. Hard to understand putting a National Champ on the line with pretty much 1 option on pass play. Oh well. Next week will be better. Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.