Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: ****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

Need an SEC Championship. Coach has work to do to get this team to focus and finish up strong.

A&M played lights out and Bama turned the ball over. I thought Bama had it won after the Bell reception on the 6 and do not believe A&M could stop Bama from going 6 yards in 4 running plays but who knows?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

As bad as it feels to lose..It still feels even better to be a fan of "The Crimson Tide" though..We have so much to be proud of..Our Boys need our support as they can still win the SEC..

Saban on TV now for press conference. He blames himself and not having the team ready. He said there are a lot of lessions to be learned here and the team still has a lot they can accomplish. He said two NC he won had teams with 1 loss. He said he was concerned about this week and said the team "seemed like they were out of gas".

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by OreBama View Post
    As badly as we played, we still had a chance to win with 1st and goal at the six. It didn't happen.
    Bingo. We had our chance, and failed. Simple as that.
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - SMU MUSTANGS - KENTUCKY WILDCATS

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neverending View Post
    How about our 3 turnovers? aTm didn't turn the ball over once.

Turnover ratio is very important in football

or how about we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down?

if your defense can't stop 3rd down conversions, high probability you're gonna lose

or the 400 yds we gave up on defense...again?

or the 165 rushing yards we allowed?

All more valid reasons for losing this game than any ref call/non call
    I agree with all of this but you HAVE to call that nasty helmet to helmet on Lacy. That was very bad officiating.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Speed's Avatar

The officials did miss a couple of calls, but I don't believe this one can be blamed on the officials. They outplayed us on the field and earned the win.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

re officiating...i think the point is that a call here or there would have made a difference in the game...as poorly as the team played, only lost by five...so it wouldn't have taken much for the game to be in the win column...however, moot point if don't turn the ball over and playing calling geared to controlling the game, not seeing how many passes can be throw

Quote Originally Posted by brutetough View Post
    atm played a very inspired game. bama was flat. we were not making many changes to our offensive plan. we got figured out. somehow we think we. can pass all over these guys, and we forgot they were from big12. too many mistakes on our part. we are still on our way to a great season. the young players got a great learning experience.
    The second one on our QB near the goal line. If you're not going to call it there, it should never be called...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American

Anyone know anything about the next opponent?

BamaNation All-SEC

First, congrats to aTm. They are well coached and played a very good game.
    Second, we should have tried to run the ball more. I think we can all agree on that.
    Third, this is going to be something that many of you will disagree with but I will state it anyway. Something that I've observed every year under CNS is that with our physical style of play we are beat up at this point in the season. Every year we are struggling at this point in the season and playing down to the level of our opponents. The difference is that we normally finish out with MSU, eastern popcorn state, and AU which we usually beat but usually is more of a struggle than it should be. This year aTm caught us at the right time. They have a lot of speed and they were able to utilize it against us. We have looked tired and slow for the past couple of games. I'm not criticizing our coaches or philosophy but I do think we need to tweak some things so that we don't beat ourselves up in an attempt to beat up everyone else. Flame away.

BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    Usually I'd be in your corner, but when a helmet to helmet blow on the QB on the 2 yard line with time running out isn't called, it does kind of affect the game.
    I agree that it could've been called, but if we cannot find a way to score from the two in a do or die situation with a potential championship on the line, then we do not deserve to win. Refs didn't help our cause, but we put ourselves in a position to take refs out of the game.

Congrats A&M on a game well played, you guys had it and we didn't, simple as that in my mind.

BamaNation First Team 3 tide tats's Avatar
    My Mood
    Buzzed on TideFans.com

we lost I hope we get help like last year if not.... We only had one place to go that is off the top of the mountain and tonight we were beat we lost. It is not coaching or a certain play or any individual player we lost is all. True champions keep there heads high!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember we are ALABAMA and others only can dream of doing what we have the last few years..... TBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is what it is

With all these no huddle offenses now, this is just something you have to learn to defend. Maybe this will give plenty of film to Saban for the future.
    Roll Tide