****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
My last comments. Stop making excuses. The refs, playcalling, etc did not lose the game. Look at all the plays we left out on the field. A&M made more plays than we did. You have to protect the ball and make plays to win any game.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
We emphasize bulk over speed and I think that philosophy bit us in the rear-end today.
The primary underlying problem is that we are unable to consistently put pressure on the passer without blitzing. Even when we do blitz, the pressure isn't always there.

It is much easier to contain when the defense does not have to rely on blitzing and stunting.

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
Tough loss for a Bama fan in Texas. Even the UTexas fans are running their mouths about the "overrated SEC".

Very proud of this season and the hearts of our players; just wish the outcome was different today.

Roll Tide.

CrimsonGriff

Suspended
Aug 20, 2007
GulfCoast of Florida
My last comments. Stop making excuses. The refs, playcalling, etc did not lose the game. Look at all the plays we left out on the field. A&M made more plays than we did. You have to protect the ball and make plays to win any game.
Yeah, but the lack of holding calls, bad spots, etc. by the Refs sure helped us loose.............

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeh, I think it's safe to say that Oregon would smash us.
I disagree. We came out extremely flat in every sense of the word in the first quarter, but after that, we played pretty well, especially on defense, I thought. They had the first quarter and their TD drive in the second half, which was directly attributable to Manziel becoming Tom Brady on the two key throws. We play the way we did the last three quarters and I think we can beat anyone, we just might not be able to beat anyone by enough to get ourselves out of the 20 point hole we put ourselves in.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
I feel like we got a bit over hyped with all the success early in the season. Kind of set up for a big loss. Most of us expected a little struggle this year after losing so much talent from last year. The challenges are coming now, just from different teams than we expected. We haven't had the toughest schedule early this year and are starting to play some really good teams. Don't get me wrong, I think we have a great team, but people were talking about beating NFL teams. Talk about hype. We are one of several very good teams and definitely in the top tier. Not the separation like there was last year. All that said, I love this team and this group of guys. They compete all the time and put in more work than most of us can imagine, not to mention the pressure that is on these kids. This is one of the most successful classes in history in a time of unbelievable competitive balance. Proud of my Team. Roll Tide.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
not with a month to prepare
And not with a game plan focused on running the football 1st..When you have an OLine that is built to dominate running the ball..You should establish the run..It keeps our D fresh & their O off the field..And it eats up the clock..In other words..Play Alabama style football..

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
The primary underlying problem is that we are unable to consistently put pressure on the passer without blitzing. Even when we do blitz, the pressure isn't always there.

It is much easier to contain when the defense does not have to rely on blitzing and stunting.
Agreed. This has actually been a problem for a few years. It almost bit us in the rear against Texas when they starting coming back in the 2nd half. They were picking up our blitzes and hitting passes until we finally got a sack and fumble to put the game away.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
How about John Fulton doing his best Marquis Johnson impression tonight, ie the SC game from '09 when Spurrier went at him over and over.

Also I think its a bit early to discard out blueprint, ie big DE's because of one game.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Hey, a one loss season is pretty good and we still have a championship to play for this year.

With that said, I will never understand why we abandoned the run at key moments this week and last week, especially with 1st and goal on the 7. I really believe that if we run it at them 4 times, we score. Tried to throw it 3 times, ridiculous.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I'll congratulate aTm again but this game was lost due to Bama offensive play calling not officiating. Yes some bad calls were made and some no calls did occur but we shouldn't have to depend on that for the win. We don't have the personnel to hold the pocket long enough for someone to scramble open and their secondary played the mid to deep routes very well for the most part. The run game should have been primary in this game in order to keep Manziel and Co. off the field, wear down the Aggie defense and chew up the clock. Two deep passes, one to Amari the other to Bell, could have been TD's with a bit more depth. In the end AJ threw ill advised into coverage. He's not perfect but he's still our QB and I'm proud of him. We lost it on the field. We'll eventually lose another one. I don't like it when we lose but I'm still a Bama Fan!

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.