Congrats Texas A&M for a heckuva victory.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
I would be surprised if Johnny makes it 3 years without a major injury, in the SEC.
I understand what you're saying, but I used the same thought process when $Cam burst on the scene in 2010. I thought he physically couldn't hold up the entire season. Johnny Football doesn't have the physique of $Cam or Tebow, but he's not being used in the same way, either.

This kid has unbelievable God-given abilities, and I think he and the aTm coaches will only get wiser in how they utilize those skills going forward.

Bama was tired & not at the top of their game yesterday, but there is no shame in losing to a player & his supporting cast that played like that. I wish I'd watched every aTm game this year now. If Manziel is not invited to the Downtown Athletic Club this year, the Heisman isn't worth having.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
TAMU came to our house and did what it took to win. I'm not going to gripe about coulda, shoulda, woulda on this thread. TAMU played a heckuva game, and you must tip your hat to them.
I agree. That is all you can do is tip your cap. We are the team that everyone circles on the calendar, and we get everyone's best shot. Texas A&M was able to pull it off in our house, which is the third straight November that an opposing team has beaten us in our house. I tip my cap to Johnny Football and his cohorts. Now, Bama finish the stinking season strong by taking care of business and adding to our number of SEC titles.

tidegrandpa

All-American
My son in law, Aggie grad '93, lives right next door with my daughter and grand daughter. My daughter came over and watched the game with me, and when it was over, my son in law came in the front door, shook my hand and said good game dad. Not one smart a_s word from him. If we were to lose this year, I'd have picked this game.
:BigA:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Congrats to A&M and its fans on a great win. Coach Sumlin should win coach of the year with what he has accomplished in such a short time. I imagine there are a lot of nervous fans in Austin right now. I appreciate the way A&M fans have handled themselves here, very unlike the horn fans we've come across. Good luck with the rest of the season. RTR

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
He'll be playing for us for the next 3 seasons (after this one). I have to tip my hat to you guys, I was lurking on the game thread and you all handled yourselves with nothing but class. Bama has been my 2nd favorite team behind A&M, but I'm certainly glad that I found this board. You all have a ton of football knowledge! It was refreshing to see a fan base like yours handle the game and the loss as graciously as you did. My hats off to you and your team! Thank you all again for letting Aggies, including myself, post on your board. I truly hope that you all still find your way to the MNC and win it all!
Wingman if he keeps playing like this you may have him only one more season. He reminds me of Doug Flutie except better at everything. He may win the Heisman this year and will be the frontrunner next year for sure. The kid is unbelievable.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I'm just sitting here remembering all of the threads surrounding aTm's entrance into the SEC. There were a lot of TF posters, including me, that basically made laughing remarks about TAMU's chances of winning against the "stronger" teams, especially in their first few years.
So I have to ask myself: Who's laughing now?
As much as it hurts, I have to congratulate aTm on a great game. No ifs, ands or buts, and no excuses. We got whipped good from start to finish. And that kid Manziell - what an awesome game he played. That kid can hit anything from anywhere, and under pressure no less. He's going to give everyone headaches for years to come.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Admittedly I'm not the most gracious loser. But I'll say that as an Alabamian, I'm proud of Coach Sumlin. TAMU is lucky to have him. He's done a fantastic job at all of his stops. And leading up to and after the game, he's done nothing but exemplify class to the nth degree. He's exhibit A of how nice guys don't always finish last.

So Kudos to him. I'd rather not lose at all, but if I had to, I'd rather it be to him instead a Miles (goofball) , Spurrier (smug mug), or Chizik (fill in the blank).

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Well, the way we played him in the second half showed we were learning. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up...
How he holds up? The kid just played LSU, State, and Bama. He is in physically better shape than AJ right now. I think he will hold up fine as he gets stronger and matures as a man.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
He'll be playing for us for the next 3 seasons (after this one). I have to tip my hat to you guys, I was lurking on the game thread and you all handled yourselves with nothing but class. Bama has been my 2nd favorite team behind A&M, but I'm certainly glad that I found this board. You all have a ton of football knowledge! It was refreshing to see a fan base like yours handle the game and the loss as graciously as you did. My hats off to you and your team! Thank you all again for letting Aggies, including myself, post on your board. I truly hope that you all still find your way to the MNC and win it all!
Wing, you know I hate Aggies. But I have to say that Sumlin was an outstanding hire and I love your QB. What ya'll have done in a short period of time is amazing.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How he holds up? The kid just played LSU, State, and Bama. He is in physically better shape than AJ right now. I think he will hold up fine as he gets stronger and matures as a man.
IDK, he didn't seem to be so anxious to take on hits after the first quarter. I'd temper that by saying I haven't rewatched the game, but I remember seeing him pass up opportunities to scramble in the second half. I'm not going to anoint him Superman yet. Go ahead, if you wish. We don't have to agree and you don't have to beat a dead horse, either...

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
As an unbiased observer of the game between you guys and a and m i have to say that a and m got lucky on a few plays yesterday. Especially the scrambling td pass manziel made in the first half where he lost control of the ball and got it right back. Ive heard more than a few of the experts say that a and m dominated bama and how a and m played more physically than bama. I just didnt see any domination of alabama yesterday at all. In my opinion alabama beat themselves. I think if bamas special teams doesnt commit that penalty near the end of the game yesterday we are looking at a different outcome today.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
As an unbiased observer of the game between you guys and a and m i have to say that a and m got lucky on a few plays yesterday. Especially the scrambling td pass manziel made in the first half where he lost control of the ball and got it right back. Ive heard more than a few of the experts say that a and m dominated bama and how a and m played more physically than bama. I just didnt see any domination of alabama yesterday at all. In my opinion alabama beat themselves. I think if bamas special teams doesnt commit that penalty near the end of the game yesterday we are looking at a different outcome today.
I agree with you, GaDawg, regarding the end of the game. I never give up on Bama. I thought Bama still had a chance with A & M getting ready to punt. I thought that Christian Jones would take the punt to the house or at least put us in a position for AJ to lead us down a short field.

But with that offsides penalty, I threw in the towel. I think Coach Saban was right to question the officials regarding the penalty call. Offsides. Did our man get offsides or was he called offsides for moving. I'll have to look at the replay but I sure don't think he was offsides. I think that was illegal procedure on their lineman (right tackle, I think).

Also, I say with that last drive and after the long pass to #7, the Tide should have tried to run the ball down their throats from the 6 yard line: using ALL 4 downs if necessary. There is not much room to squeeze in a pass so drive down their throats.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Also, one final thought. Will college recruiters be looking for a Manziel clone to play QB instead of telling them that they are being recruited as a DB?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I just want to add my hat tip to this thread. A&M played outstanding and did not fold when the momentum started to shift. Yes our team made some mistakes that could have possibly changed the outcome, but they also caused some.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Just think, if aTm makes one more play here or there against LSU or Florida, they could have been headed to Atlanta in their first season in the SEC.

Bama By Birth

3rd Team
Dec 3, 2010
Ellaville, Ga
Congrats A&M. Your team was better prepared through the first quarter. Reminded me of what Utah did to us in '08. Same game plan. We figured it out and still had time to win but just made a few mistakes. Great game. Hated the ending.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.