Commit To The Run, and We Win

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm glad someone else sees it the way I see it!!! Nuss play calls were horrible!!! No way they stop us 4 straight runs and especially from the two yard line with Jesse leading the way!!!!
Yes and I was hoping for a play like we ran against AU in 2009. Fake a run up the middle and pass to a RB coming out of the backfield. We didn't even come close to fooling the aTm D on the last play. :-(

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
No, how bout not turn the ball over and not commit costly penalties and we win the game! It's not the play calling, players have to execute and focus.

Yes we made some mistakes throughout the game, but forget those for a second.

It was first and goal from the 6. The game was on the line, nothing previous mattered at that point. On 1st and goal from the 6, we only ran the ball once. That is ATROCIOUS playcalling. Unbelievably bad. You run it 4 times, you'll get in the endzone on one of those carries.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Same as the LSU game. CDN is in love with the pass. He's on my poo list.

At least we don't have to worry about AJ leaving early.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I would like to see him for a few plays in each game regardless if it is a blowout or not. We've always used 3 and sometimes 4 backs in previous years but the past couple of years we've developed a tendency to only use 2 backs in tight games.
The scouting on Drake is that he is a little slow picking up the pass blocking scheme.
Fair enough. Put him in and smash the ball.

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010
The last 2 games we have been a throw first, run second team. Running the ball successfully has won us 2 championships in the last 3 years. Why abandon the run now? I just dont understand why we've become a pass first team.

Our team is NOT built to get into shoot outs with other teams. We are built to be a ground and pound, time of possession and low turnover type team.

Last edited:

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010
I'm glad I wasn't the only one yelling at the TV, "Run the Ball!" Expletives removed, of course.
I literally yelled that almost every single play we were on offense. I just dont understand it. Im not a coaching mastermind or anything but even Ray Charles can see that we're running the ball successfully and for whatever reason we abandon it and force the throw with AJ.

paralagrat

Nov 12, 2011
Satsuma, AL
I have to completely agree. Score in one of the last 4 plays and we have a good chance of holding them off. There was no need to even consider passing. That erases everything up to that point that went wrong if you score.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Maybe the coaches were shying away from running. Lacy got his bell rung and may not have been totally able. Yeldon had already fumbled on a crucial drive. We have a heisman trophy caliber qb, a great group of receivers, and a great o-line that had protected good all day so maybe thats why they were choosing to pass.

I do agree about wanting to run the ball down their throat though, but coaches may have not felt to confident at the time is all I'm saying.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
we do have some good wrs. ithougt our goal was to call balanced offense to keep our opponent off balance. however, we did just the opposite for the past two weeks.

The last 2 games we have been a throw first, run second team. Running the ball successfully has won us 2 championships in the last 3 years. Why abandon the run now? I just dont understand why we've become a pass first team.

Our team is NOT built to get into shoot outs with other teams. We are built to be a ground and pound, time of possession and low turnover type team.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX

It was first and goal from the 6. The game was on the line, nothing previous mattered at that point. On 1st and goal from the 6, we only ran the ball once. That is ATROCIOUS playcalling. Unbelievably bad. You run it 4 times, you'll get in the endzone on one of those carries.
Agree 1000%. When you have our O-line, why?

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010
we do have some good wrs. ithougt our goal was to call balanced offense to keep our opponent off balance. however, we did just the opposite for the past two weeks.
I agree. Today we lost the Time of Possession battle, Turnover battle and Rushing Yards battle. Texas A&M had 15 more rushing attempts than we did. To me, that is unacceptable. Not bad for a "Big 12" team.

yellurhammur

Nov 9, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I'm friggin' screamin' that from the mountaintop!!! Don't forget throwing on first down time after time. When we ran on first down, it seemed we had much better luck.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
This consistent "pass on 1st down" business started with the BCS NC game last year. It worked extremely well that night. But AJ has been off in his passing ever since the injury that was called a back bruise. If Alabama had just run the ball about 10 more times in the second half of tonight's game, we would have won.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I'm glad I wasn't the only one yelling at the TV, "Run the Ball!" Expletives removed, of course.
Think I broke my poor foot stool pounding on it while I yelled the same thing!! OH WELL an SEC Championship is not so bad if we can get ready for UGA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.