Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Re: Commit To The Run, and We Win

Quote Originally Posted by TiderB View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one yelling at the TV, "Run the Ball!" Expletives removed, of course.
    Think I broke my poor foot stool pounding on it while I yelled the same thing!! OH WELL an SEC Championship is not so bad if we can get ready for UGA.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    I really don't think our backs had any gas left.
    Then put Jesse Williams in at fullback and give the ball to him. Four rushes from inside the 10 yard line should have scored for the Tide.

BamaNation All-SEC

Yes, run it 4 times and we win. I'm confident of that. It's a shame.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Agree 100%. WE HAVE 3 ALL-AMERICANS ON THE O-LINE. Run the ball four downs, if necessary.

a game we could have won. i also wonder why we get away from the run so fast. its like we have throw one of those 3 or 4 yard passes to keep the offense balanced. i was amazed we gained an average of over 6 yards against lsu. we was gouging their defense with the run often. i do notice that when one of our guys make a mistake they rarely get back into the game. yeldon had the ball ripped out of his arms while moving a 7 yrd gain. he is a freshman, and a great back. we left lacy after the fumble to carry the load. he did a great job, but, i think a little to much with the game in the balance. we never ran any rush plays outside of the tackles. yeldon is fast enough to get to the corners. we miss a couple of throws downfield and we forget about the pass. those two long passes to cooper and bell, were available most of the game. we always shut down the downfield passing if we dont connect early. that last drive was bad. we ran every ball to the same side. never to the steen, fluker in critical rushing plays. i think steen, and fluker are better road graders, because they are mean. why are you rolling to the right and passing to bell, when we have been successful all season with williams in the end zone. i also say rush the ball down their all day long. poorly called game, and poor execution on the passing. norwood getting hurt was bad, but, when we are in a potential shootout, what is wrong with having our two best deep threats bell, and cooper going deep. i dont get it. even so, three turnovers, and none for them is hard to overcome, but, we should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Really Big Bama Fan View Post
    Then put Jesse Williams in at fullback and give the ball to him. Four rushes from inside the 10 yard line should have scored for the Tide.
    Really

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No doubt Bama should have run the ball more. However, what play was called last week against LSU that led to a long drive by LSU? A run, which ended in a fumble. Earlier in the game, TJ fumbled... On a run play.

As fans, we talk about AJ being a leader. Isn't a team supposed to put the ball in its leader's hands at the end of the game?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    No doubt Bama should have run the ball more. However, what play was called last week against LSU that led to a long drive by LSU? A run, which ended in a fumble. Earlier in the game, TJ fumbled... On a run play.

As fans, we talk about AJ being a leader. Isn't a team supposed to put the ball in its leader's hands at the end of the game?
    First down and 6, I play the percentages. Eddie averaged 6 yards a carry. He's our starting RB, and we've won 2 of the last 3 NC's running the ball in that situation.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    First down and 6, I play the percentages. Eddie averaged 6 yards a carry. He's our starting RB, and we've won 2 of the last 3 NC's running the ball in that situation.
    I recall a particular PA pass into the flat in 2009. That play was called by CNS because he wanted to go for the W, while Mac wanted to go for the FG.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Yes we made some mistakes throughout the game, but forget those for a second.

It was first and goal from the 6. The game was on the line, nothing previous mattered at that point. On 1st and goal from the 6, we only ran the ball once. That is ATROCIOUS playcalling. Unbelievably bad. You run it 4 times, you'll get in the endzone on one of those carries.
    No Doubt

I agree!

BamaNation First Team Gallowglas's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAccounting10 View Post
    The last 2 games we have been a throw first, run second team. Running the ball successfully has won us 2 championships in the last 3 years. Why abandon the run now? I just dont understand why we've become a pass first team.
    Amen to that. I am similarly baffled. I truly don't understand with as stout as our line is and as talented as our backs are why we suddenly changed our gameplan either. Yes, we will run into teams who sell out against the run. Fine. Think about changing the plan ****IF*** a team figures out how to stop us from running it up the gut. Otherwise, we should be passing just enough to keep their defense honest. It's not that AJ, Cooper, Norwood, etc. aren't talented, but we should be playing to our primary strengths that we KNOW will win games.

We've had other games (1/09/12) when we had to use the 1st down pass to loosen up the run game. Today, we dropped that philosophy. Once we established the run game, we instantly abandoned it. I understand the late long passes and they got us back in the game, but I think we threw away a lot of opportunities with the run game without even trying to exploit them. I'm afraid this is mostly on the offensive staff and the OC...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus