Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Commit To The Run, and We Win

I'm afraid this is mostly on the offensive staff and the OC...
    Agreed!! 2 Turnovers (not counting last one) surely did not help either.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAccounting10 View Post
    The last 2 games we have been a throw first, run second team. Running the ball successfully has won us 2 championships in the last 3 years. Why abandon the run now? I just dont understand why we've become a pass first team.
    The past two game have been especially frustrating. We averaged 7 yards a carry against LSU. Fortunately It worked out in that game. I just knew we wouldn't make that mistake against A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    We've had other games (1/09/12) when we had to use the 1st down pass to loosen up the run game. Today, we dropped that philosophy. Once we established the run game, we instantly abandoned it. I understand the late long passes and they got us back in the game, but I think we threw away a lot of opportunities with the run game without even trying to exploit them. I'm afraid this is mostly on the offensive staff and the OC...
    It seemed so anomalous to our past philosophy and so far from the correct strategy to win this game, I began to question the motive.
    I must be missing something.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

If we had ran the ball more during the entire game, I don't think so many of the 3 and outs would have happened. Would have scored at least one more TD and the defense would not have been so gassed. We run=we win!!!
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Boy was I ever Wrong!

I felt this team would have a Big Game & Win Big.

Our problems are deeper than how many times we run. Although I agree & was yelling at the tv as well. But AJ was off & if we play like this again LSU may be our last win this year.

Something changed with this team & I don't know what it is.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    WHY go away from it on first and goal from the 6?

No way they stop us, or come back after we score
    First, A.J. underthrew a couple of deep balls that would have been TDs if they had been thrown out in front. The first was the 51 yard play on the drive that ended in a Yeldon fumble. The second was the catch by Bell that put us at the six. With that being said, I also thought we had four shots to run the ball from the six. I assumed we would go with power sets and get two or three yards a pop and stick the ball in the end zone. I can't for the life of me understand why we don't use our biggest assets on offense: offensive line and running backs. I want us to be balanced on offense, but there are times when you have to go with your bread and butter. It was mind boggling. We can't do anything about it now, so I hope we regroup and take care of business the rest of the way. We still have an opportunity to win thirteen games and an SEC title and maybe even a national title if we catch a couple of lucky breaks. Roll Tide!

You ran only 26 run plays, with the best O-Line in the country, against a team that cannot stop the run. You made this mistake against LSU and were given a reprieve. Not so in this game. Just as your play calling was to blame for the near loss against LSU, so are they to blame for this loss.

What a waste.

Not sure why, but I think our running game is hurting. Our starter is banged up and TJ is fumble prone.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood

Nussmeyer came in and changed his style to meet what Bama is set up to do. The last couple of games it seems obvious to me that he is now trying to change the team to fit his style. Square peg meet round hole. One loss does not define a program but this one loss should tell Coach Saban that Nuss's needs a good chewing out.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    I really don't think our backs had any gas left.
    Lacy only had 16 carries and Yeldon had 10. If that's the case we need a new SC coach.
    "I know this much, Alabama football will survive anything because we play the most interesting football there is -- we win." Bear Bryant

I think we need to pass to win at times, but I still believe in this quote by General Robert Neyland :“When you throw the ball, three things can happen—and two of them are bad”. Odds said we get the bad, and we did. I think the coaches are rolling the dice too often. Dance with who brung ya.

Roll Tide
    S.N.A.S.S.
    -Richard Heaton-

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTut View Post
    Lacy only had 16 carries and Yeldon had 10. If that's the case we need a new SC coach.
    I was actually thinking more along the lines from over the past 2 weeks, but as someone pointed out we still had Drake. I forget about him with everyone else playing.

[QUOTE=BAMAccounting10;2027919]The last 2 games we have been a throw first, run second team. Running the ball successfully has won us 2 championships in the last 3 years. Why abandon the run now? I just dont understand why we've become a pass first team.

CDN is learning that this not the pac10, they are a pass 1st league we are not, thinking he will learn to pound the rock or will find a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaTider View Post
    Not sure why, but I think our running game is hurting. Our starter is banged up and TJ is fumble prone.
    Tj has fumbled once lately that he was responsible for, the LSU game was AJ's fault