Questions on Ref's Calls

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yes I agree completely. Even the last holding call against Barret was questionable to say the least, all he did was push him to the ground. This had to be the worst officiated game ive seen in a long time...Totally inconsistent, and an embarrassment to the conference.
When I saw the replay, I flipped out. The only reason Barrett was called was because he had his hand on the outside shoulder. However, the defender fell because his feet went out. Watch the replay and you see the defender AND Barrett fall because they trip over each other.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Interesting Swopes gets up and celebrates after a called helmet to helmet hit and Bama is flagged for 15 yds.

Lacey gets knocked out of the game on a helmet to helmet hit but no call from the inconsistent officials.

Also I find it interesting how Johnny football can scramble across the field but yet no holding calls at all on A&M.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We lost that game because we spotted them 20 points. All this whining about the reffs make us sound like Corndogers.
Not arguing that. I just want consistency from the refs. If Swope was a defenseless receiver, so was Eddie. The holding calls were pathetic.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not arguing that. I just want consistency from the refs. If Swope was a defenseless receiver, so was Eddie. The holding calls were pathetic.
I think there was so much holding going on, mostly by AM, that they basically gave up. Two of their big plays were made possible because their LOT ended up lying on top of our rusher on the ground. That's normally called a "tackle."

CrimsonGriff

Suspended
Aug 20, 2007
GulfCoast of Florida
Interesting Swopes gets up and celebrates after a called helmet to helmet hit and Bama is flagged for 15 yds.

Lacey gets knocked out of the game on a helmet to helmet hit but no call from the inconsistent officials.

Also I find it interesting how Johnny football can scramble across the field but yet no holding calls at all on A&M.
I agree, one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen, what's worse, is it was at Home.....Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz:mad2:

CrimsonGriff

Suspended
Aug 20, 2007
GulfCoast of Florida
We lost that game because we spotted them 20 points. All this whining about the reffs make us sound like Corndogers.
Who's whining, we are just pointing out that if you are going to call penalties the call it both ways.

Also, giving up on calling a holding call, is not an excuse, if it is flagrant and you want it to stop, throw the flag until it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Not blaming the refs for the loss but Ritter and Wagers should never be allowed to ref anything above pee wee football and then not ever in the State of Alabama.

DSHO

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2009
Still wondering what was different from the personal foul we got to the one that happened five minutes later to Lacy that was a no call!?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
No-call on the Lacy hit was a double miss. Should have been both targeting a defenseless receiver and leading with the crown of the helmet. The Swope celebrations should have also probably drawn flags, both were over the top and directed at opposing players. Saw some guy on Twitter say something to the effect of, "Oh, guess they only call celebration penalties on black guys with tattoos," found it pretty amusing.

OTOH, I think we were very lucky late on the interception no-call. I think the rule was applied correctly, but I'd bet a lot of review booths out there would give that ball to the DB. Also, speaking of DB's, could have been a couple of pass interference calls thrown on Fulton, who was playing very physical outside and wasn't turning to look for the ball on a few occasions.

Lots of grabbing taking place on both sides of the LOS. Kind of think the refs just decided to let them play, which is honestly how I prefer it anyway. I'd much rather have two teams going at it and the refs allowing a few things to slide than I would having those guys micromanage the game and have teams tip-toeing around the field.

No excuses in the end, though, I'm not blaming the refs for anything. A&M beat us fair and square, my hat is off to them.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
No-call on the Lacy hit was a double miss. Should have been both targeting a defenseless receiver and leading with the crown of the helmet. The Swope celebrations should have also probably drawn flags, both were over the top and directed at opposing players. Saw some guy on Twitter say something to the effect of, "Oh, guess they only call celebration penalties on black guys with tattoos," found it pretty amusing.

OTOH, I think we were very lucky late on the interception no-call. I think the rule was applied correctly, but I'd bet a lot of review booths out there would give that ball to the DB. Also, speaking of DB's, could have been a couple of pass interference calls thrown on Fulton, who was playing very physical outside and wasn't turning to look for the ball on a few occasions.

Lots of grabbing taking place on both sides of the LOS. Kind of think the refs just decided to let them play, which is honestly how I prefer it anyway. I'd much rather have two teams going at it and the refs allowing a few things to slide than I would having those guys micromanage the game and have teams tip-toeing around the field.

No excuses in the end, though, I'm not blaming the refs for anything. A&M beat us fair and square, my hat is off to them.
Exactly..In the end it came down to players executing..We had our chances & we didn't..The Aggies made some helluva great plays that won the game..Hats off to them..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.