Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: ESPN's Brad Edwards Predicts No BCS for BAMA

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He thinks a 2 loss A&M team goes to the Fiesta Bowl over a 1 loss Florida team? He's also predicting Bama to lose to UGA in the SECCG.
    I assume he is basing this on UGAs performance tonight. Evidently he has not watched AU play all year.
    If you will do for two years what most people wont, you will be able to do for the rest of your life what most people cant!

Dont talk about what your going to do, just DO IT!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    He is a Bama grad. Probably just as ticked as we are. Motivational move?
    Okay - I have heard of him ... Hope it works!

BamaNation First Team PCBamafan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Many of them picked USC to win it all at the beginning of the year, too. Why can't they just let the games be played before making STUPID predictions like that?!

There's still WAY too much football to be played!

He's taking this "as of today" mentality and trying to apply it to the bowls. Write it down and I bet NONE of those matchups happen!
    ROLL TIDE!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by PCBamafan View Post
    Many of them picked USC to win it all at the beginning of the year, too. Why can't they just let the games be played before making STUPID predictions like that?!

There's still WAY too much football to be played!

He's taking this "as of today" mentality and trying to apply it to the bowls. Write it down and I bet NONE of those matchups happen!
    Why do they do it? Fans care.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Why do they do it? Fans care.
    Got us talking about it.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American

He's the BCS expert. Probably #1 expert in all the sports media.
    Yeah, but he has to base his current bowl selections on predictions of future games.

Basically, he is predicting that Bama will lose to UGA and UF will lose to FSU. After today's performances I can see how many would come to that conclusion as both offenses have become somewhat derailed.

If AJ can get back to midseason form, I think that Bama easily handles UGA. Hard to tell how good either UF or FSU is though.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    Brad Edwards is now predicting the following for the BCS games:

Title: K-State / Oregon
    Rose: Nebraska / Notre Dame
    Fiesta: Oklahoma / Texas A&M
    Orange: FSU / Rutgers?

Sugar: Georgia / Clemson

I guess he's already writing off BAMA. Time to finish strong. Krymsonman
    I am going to go ahead and say this right now. 1. USC will beat Notre Dame. 2. Neither Oregon or Kansas State have a "garenteed" win there next two games, Texas has at least somewhat of a chance against Kansas State. 3. Oregon has a tough one against Oregon State in the Civil War game. Oregon has to stay alert against them, Oregon State will not be a push over.
    Live your life like you wish you had.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    I am going to go ahead and say this right now. 1. USC will beat Notre Dame. 2. Neither Oregon or Kansas State have a "garenteed" win there next two games, Texas has at least somewhat of a chance against Kansas State. 3. Oregon has a tough one against Oregon State in the Civil War game. Oregon has to stay alert against them, Oregon State will not be a push over.
    Oregon has toughest path, KState the easiest. With the way ND is playing now, one would think USC would beat them but ND has done what it takes to win every time so far.
    If you will do for two years what most people wont, you will be able to do for the rest of your life what most people cant!

Dont talk about what your going to do, just DO IT!

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

these predictions are as meaningful as a 25 hour day.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ESPN has joined the ranks of news media groups who try to influence the news instead of reporting on it. This is why I say I hate ESPN and what they've done to college football yet some of you think it's great.
    Last edited by theballguy; November 11th, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive1 on TideFans.com

I know it's a longshot for the NCG, but I still see Bama playing in a BCS game, ie Sugar Bowl. I don't see Bama being shut out of a BCS game, I just can't.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Me neither, these next two games should be a lot easier for the boys, hopefully getting a lot of rest in.
    Live your life like you wish you had.

BamaNation All-American

If we don't get some things figured out, I think he is right. This is three straight years where we have painful losses in November. LSU and Auburn in 2010, LSU in 2011, and now ATM beats us in 2012, and in all honesty we deserved to lose to LSU last week. We have more talent and depth than any team in America, so we shouldn't be the ones who play like we are tired. Maybe we need to start the fourth quarter conditioning program in February instead of January. Who knows?

I hope our guys get fired up and have a little fun the next few weeks. Maybe we won't look and play so tight if we just let it rip out there. The national title hopes are probably gone, but, ironically enough, we can still win more games than we won last year and get an SEC title in the process. A 13-1 record with an SEC title is still a fantastic season if we can pull it off. Who knows what will happen in college football, two of the three unbeatens may lose, and we would be right there waiting to catch a flight to Miami. The November swoon we seem to suffer from is definitely disappointing, but this season can still be great. Roll Tide!