ESPN's Brad Edwards Predicts No BCS for BAMA

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Many of them picked USC to win it all at the beginning of the year, too. Why can't they just let the games be played before making STUPID predictions like that?!

There's still WAY too much football to be played!

He's taking this "as of today" mentality and trying to apply it to the bowls. Write it down and I bet NONE of those matchups happen!
...Because it's what they are paid to do

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm skeptical that we can beat UGA at this point. They do have playmakers on defense though they've underperformed at times this season. Aaron Murray has consistently played poorly against quality opponents in his career but right now I just don't know if we can do the things on the backend to keep him confused while playing the run well. This unit isn't as bad as the 2010's secondary, but they can't consistently make one-on-one plays like the 2009 and 2011 units. Everything we do up front to pressure the QB and contain the run relies on DBs winning their matchups and Milliner may be the only guy I have a high amount of trust and confidence in his ability to execute coverage on an island.

I don't want to seem like a Chicken Little but it would take some massive improvement in offensive playcalling and defensive execution to get it done. Luckily, we have three weeks to mend these things. I have to believe that a lot of this Western Carolina prep period will be spent on UGA once the media gets shooed away. Really though, the fixes aren't about knowing the opponent's plays but knowing what we're trying to do with our own plays defensively and calling plays on offense that feature the best aspects of our own roster.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The rest of the country wants another SEC win about as much as they want Jimmy Johnson to win another Sprint Cup "The Chase" Cup. It's getting old and they want their conference against another weaker conference :)
Haha, CT, you are probably right, but I think that you would agree that we don't give a rip what the rest of the country wants. :) I think we all here at Tidefans will be pulling for an SEC title and for two of those other three teams to lose. Roll Tide!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
these predictions are as meaningful as a 25 hour day.
Off-topic, but science has shown that the circadian rhythms of people deprived of sunlight for long periods will actually move toward a 25 hour schedule instead of a 24 hour one. So, it seems that we are actually wired for 25 hour days instead of 24 hour ones.

I'd say that these predictions are as meaningful as an umbrella in the Atacama desert. ;)

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
So if Alabama loses 1 game it's all over? I don't understand all the pessimism. Alabama has 3 games left until the bowl season, let's just let it play out and see what the outcome is.

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
I am still going on record that AJ has to be hurt. He was ON FIRE before Mississippi State, and he mysteriously left for the locker room. He can handle the pressure. In fact, he is the player who thrives on it. We saw that last year. The chemistry he had with his receivers through Mississippi State was a beautiful thing to watch. I can go with a bad game one night (LSU), and while not impossible, I think it is highly unlikely that he was "off" that bad for two games. I know coaches hide injuries from the competition. I think we will find out more in January.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
So if Alabama loses 1 game it's all over? I don't understand all the pessimism. Alabama has 3 games left until the bowl season, let's just let it play out and see what the outcome is.
I totally agree, but let's not be reasonable here. The other teams ahead of us are all unbeatable. Everyone hates the SEC. Everyone especially hates Alabama. We may not win another game anyway.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
This applies to the topic, so I'll ask instead of looking as I am lazy.

How many times have two undefeated teams played for the BCS title? I pretty sure it is less than having one team with one loss.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I am still going on record that AJ has to be hurt. He was ON FIRE before Mississippi State, and he mysteriously left for the locker room. He can handle the pressure. In fact, he is the player who thrives on it. We saw that last year. The chemistry he had with his receivers through Mississippi State was a beautiful thing to watch. I can go with a bad game one night (LSU), and while not impossible, I think it is highly unlikely that he was "off" that bad for two games. I know coaches hide injuries from the competition. I think we will find out more in January.
I also think there is something going on with AJ's health. I realize we are into the tougher part of the schedule, but he just has not been completely on his game recently. Something is different. If it is the case, maybe he can play through it and gain back the precision. I'm sure we all recall that McElroy played with cracked ribs in the BCSCG against Texas and everything worked out fine. But, the difference this time is that we are more of a passing team than we were with McElroy and when you go three and out, it puts much more pressure on the defense.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
Yeah this morning he was projecting UGA to be #4 in the BCS, which is why he put them in the Sugar Bowl. After the Harris poll came out he tweeted he was shocked at the difference in votes between Bama and UGA, and switched his projection to Bama being #4, which is why on the show he projected Bama to the Sugar Bowl.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.