Question: This time last year(after the loss to LSU)?

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
This time last year, does anyone remember how many teams had to fall for us to jump back to #2? Assuming we drop to 4th or 5th at the most, we know at least 2 of the undefeated teams need to lose. Seems like last year it was 4 teams wasnt? And the 4 team didnt lose until championship weekend I think.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Only made it to #3, but we did also need a loss for Stanford against Oregon, and pretty much had to have a loss from Oregon to USC, both of those in addition to Oklahoma State's loss. JMO, but I think our odds are better this year than last. USC might even be favored over Notre Dame come the 24th, Kansas State could certainly lose to Texas on the 1st, and I think Oregon could lose to either Oregon State, Stanford, or UCLA in the Pac 12 Championship. Of course none of these are guaranteed, but I will bet that at least one of these teams lose once, not particularly easy tasks left for any of the unbeatens. Once again, not in our hands, but we have a chance!

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
After our loss to LSU last year, we only dropped to #3, still ahead of 2 undefeated teams. Then Boise lost to TCU and Stanford lost to Oregon and Ok St lost to Iowa St, setting us up in perfect position. Not having to play the SECCG may have upset everyone but Alabama fans, but I was OK with it!

This year, WHEN we beat Georgia, we will drop them out of the way and with the schedules upcoming for the 3 unbeatens, I really like our chances again.

LOT of football left to be played. No panic!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.