Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Why has our offense been so inconsistent recently?

To me, our offense seems like a sports car with some loose plug wires. When they make contact, we're cranking away, but when they don't, the engine sputters?

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Why has our offense been so inconsistent recently?

Teams have found away to confuse it with quick personnel changes? Seems like very since Coach Saban commented on the no huddle, team have been quickening the pace on us.
    LSU had a up temp game plan that probably had the first two series set.

Hope this is not a new trend. Someone with a little more precise knowledge can comment of the faster temp getting the ball of and player substitutions.

BamaNation All-SEC Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar

Perhaps McCarron is still not 100% from his injuries?

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

AJ was just off target last week. This week they could not get a rhythm and maybe it;s partially due to playing from behind and not feeding off the defense like they always could do.

BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar

Not doing what Bama does best. Running to setup the pass. The running game was abandoned during critical stretches this week and last. It happened in '10 when McEllroy was Qb also.

BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Playing better teams...
    I'm a lead farmer

BamaNation All-SEC

For whatever reason (probably injuries), AJ has been off target the last two weeks and the play calling isn't taking that into account.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Our offense isn't that complex to defend. It's not like the spread or the hurry up offenses that neutralize the defenses' strengths. Bama plays old school football to line up and beat the opponent. If the opposition has the players and scheme, they can beat Bama. There's a reason not many teams don't run Bama's offense. The other style offenses cheapen the game IMO. Just line up and beat your man. Instead, these teams want to run offenses that spread a defense out to weaken the defense.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American AlexanderFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Talkative on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    For whatever reason (probably injuries), AJ has been off target the last two weeks and the play calling isn't taking that into account.
    Knee and back injuries may be causing over compensation with the arm, which could lead to in accurate throws.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Aj is not 100% which makes a 39-26 pass-run ratio more mind biggling

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar

Somebody said it in another thread. Our style works best when we are playing with a lead and when the defense can play riskier.

When we have a lead we can take a few more chances to disrupt the opposing offense's game plan.

I really think our defensive struggles...even again TAM is mostly due to the offense not playing as they did earlier this year.

Before LSU, we were averaging almost 40 points a game. The last two games we are averaging 22.5 a game. Anybody see how this puts our defense in to playing a little more "not to give up the big play" instead of being able to be more aggressive?

In both the LSU and TAM games, we struggled with 3 and outs at times when a sustained drive would have cooled off the opposing teams offense and might have added a few points to the scoreboard on our side as well.

As others have noted, AJ for whatever reason (probably due to injury or the stress of the streak of no INTS) has not been the same. Couple that with some questionable play calling and that is why we are discussing this.
    Last edited by BamaMoon; November 11th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Suspended

When this offense is physically superior, no problem. When the matchup gets closer, the lack of imagination comes to light. No reason why Alabama couldn't do what Oregon does, but allow less points because of a superior defense.

Because our play calling is terrible. I blame the loss last night and the almost loss against LSU completely on the coaching staff and the way our offensive plays were called. We could run the ball down the throat of both teams but we chose for some reason not to do so.