Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    The Bad - our in stadium fans. Over half won't cheer when our defense needed them in the first quarter. Or they yell when we are on offense at the end of the game.
    Funny, though, aTm's OT Luke Joeckel said that the crowd was the loudest he's ever heard. Jeremy Fowler of CBS Sports used the first line of his article to comment on how loud the crowd was. I guess everyone but Bama fans are impressed with the atmosphere at Bryant-Denny.
    RTR

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drewy26 View Post
    Were you there? I was and this is just not true.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

So true. I was there, and it was crazy loud. I think our fans did a great job. Our team had a chance to win, but just came up short. I am a little upset that I dished out $200.00 for a ticket, and we lost. This was the first game I've been to that we have lost. It is not a good feeling.
    Last edited by Jessica4Bama; November 11th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Maybe it depended on which section of the stadium you were in. Where I was, it was loud the first couple of times A&M was on offense. Then it seemed to only get loud when they were on 3rd down. I know I did my part, and I have the voice to prove it. Well, I actually DON'T have the voice to prove it. Hahaha
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

The Good: This team plays until the end and NEVER gives up on a game.

The Bad: Failing to wrap up on defense. Hurt us last week. Killed us yesterday.

The Ugly: Abandoning our run game when everything was on the line and we had gouged them for over 4 yards/carry. We lost our identity yesterday afternoon.
    RTR

BamaNation First Team Tide-one-on's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Good: Despite getting behind 20-0, the guys fought hard and never gave up.
    The Bad: Way too many 3 and outs. Kept our wounded "D" on the field too long too many times.
    The UGLY: Did not like the 4th down call at the end of the game. Not much margin for error. He was covered and AJ had to force it
    And a Big ROLL TIDE TO YOU!!!!

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Section C. And I was being generous. Maybe 1 out of 3 were yelling.

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

From the other side:

G: The atmosphere and the game. The atmosphere seemed amazing last night (even while watching on TV) Not typical of games I've watched. We'll call this payback for Fran, but you still owe a little for Bryant .

B: It's one of those self defeating situations. No Aggie could want a TAMU loss just to leave an SECw team undefeated (especially in year 1. There was more on the line last night for us than just one game). We know what happened yesterday, but that's the mess that is the BCS. All of the Aggies I know are behind Alabama taking the title this year, personally, I hate to think we messed that up.

U: The officiating was bad. Not completely lopsided like we finally got away from, just bad both ways. Seeing a flag fly is like entering the lottery. Most of the time you have no idea what the call is going to be based on what has and has not been called previously in the game. My dream is for just one game, one, where nobody notices the officials.

maybe next year the cycle will reverse. TAMU > LSU, LSU > 'Bama, 'Bama > TAMU...
    of course... then it'll be tradition.

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood

The Good: The players seem ready to hit the field to avenge our loss by browsing twitter, we still have a shot at the SEC title no matter what, and still have a shot at the BCSNC even after losing.

The Bad: Our preparedness for aTm's offense, trying to sub in players EVERY SINGLE TIME aTm subbed to try and slow them down. Caused why too much confusion.

The Ugly: Playcalling.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Lee View Post
    PS- I really didn't want to start this rendition of the good, bad, and ugly... however, Bama fans are ever nostalgic for tradition and so am I.
    I could have lived without it...

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Good - Texas A&M. They proved to be a real threat in the SEC.

Bad - Mistakes. Alabama had more than enough opportunities to get a win, but failed to capitalize.

Ugly - Rival/Opposing fans post game comments. You would think their team beat Alabama.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    The Good: SEC and NC (although slim) hopes are still in play.

The Bad: Defense in the 1st quarter, offensive inconsistency.

The Ugly: Playcalling after 1st and goal from the 6. That one is going to hurt for a looonnnng time!
    I'm in TOTAL agreement. I still have tears falling in my Root Beer. "Stunned" is the word of the day, just STUNNED!

First year in The League and totally embarrass us in our own stadium. First year head coach and he did not need 2 or 3 years to turn the Aggies around. He didn't even need a year. SEC Coach of the year!

P.S. the Gators and the Geaux Tigers are very lucky that they were able to survive and barely beat the Aggies.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Good: We were resilient and came back and had a chance to win it. You absolutely can't ask for anything more after being down 20 points.
    Bad: Young mistakes but that's ok. We learned something yesterday. We'll do better because of it.
    Ugly: Some young players trying to win it in one play but like I said, they learned and I know we won't make the same mistakes again. Everything happens for a reason. You never know... this could be getting us ready for the NCG against Oregon or next year's NCG. You never know as we saw from last season.

Guys, we are the Yankees are the Crimson Tide of MLB. They're hated because they win just like us. I wouldn't trade that position for anything in the world. We do not need national media love to know we're the class of the South and the Nation. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

The Good - We are Ala-Freaking-Bama. We still put fear in the hearts of many schools, and many schools dream to be us.

The Bad - Qb pressure, we don't have that dominate lineman who can continually put pressure on the Qb.

The Ugly - we lost BUT we can still go to the SEC championship and the big dance if a couple of teams mess up and we win out like we should.

And always Roll Tide Roll.