The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The Good: The players seem ready to hit the field to avenge our loss by browsing twitter, we still have a shot at the SEC title no matter what, and still have a shot at the BCSNC even after losing.

The Bad: Our preparedness for aTm's offense, trying to sub in players EVERY SINGLE TIME aTm subbed to try and slow them down. Caused why too much confusion.

The Ugly: Playcalling.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Good - Texas A&M. They proved to be a real threat in the SEC.

Bad - Mistakes. Alabama had more than enough opportunities to get a win, but failed to capitalize.

Ugly - Rival/Opposing fans post game comments. You would think their team beat Alabama.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The Good: SEC and NC (although slim) hopes are still in play.

The Bad: Defense in the 1st quarter, offensive inconsistency.

The Ugly: Playcalling after 1st and goal from the 6. That one is going to hurt for a looonnnng time!:mad2:
I'm in TOTAL agreement. I still have tears falling in my Root Beer. "Stunned" is the word of the day, just STUNNED!

First year in The League and totally embarrass us in our own stadium. First year head coach and he did not need 2 or 3 years to turn the Aggies around. He didn't even need a year. SEC Coach of the year!

P.S. the Gators and the Geaux Tigers are very lucky that they were able to survive and barely beat the Aggies.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Good: We were resilient and came back and had a chance to win it. You absolutely can't ask for anything more after being down 20 points.
Bad: Young mistakes but that's ok. We learned something yesterday. We'll do better because of it.
Ugly: Some young players trying to win it in one play but like I said, they learned and I know we won't make the same mistakes again. Everything happens for a reason. You never know... this could be getting us ready for the NCG against Oregon or next year's NCG. You never know as we saw from last season.

Guys, we are the Yankees are the Crimson Tide of MLB. They're hated because they win just like us. I wouldn't trade that position for anything in the world. We do not need national media love to know we're the class of the South and the Nation. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

jsanderson

Scout Team
Nov 17, 2007
The Good - We are Ala-Freaking-Bama. We still put fear in the hearts of many schools, and many schools dream to be us.

The Bad - Qb pressure, we don't have that dominate lineman who can continually put pressure on the Qb.

The Ugly - we lost BUT we can still go to the SEC championship and the big dance if a couple of teams mess up and we win out like we should.

And always Roll Tide Roll.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
From the other side:

G: The atmosphere and the game. The atmosphere seemed amazing last night (even while watching on TV) Not typical of games I've watched. We'll call this payback for Fran, but you still owe a little for Bryant :wink:.

B: It's one of those self defeating situations. No Aggie could want a TAMU loss just to leave an SECw team undefeated (especially in year 1. There was more on the line last night for us than just one game). We know what happened yesterday, but that's the mess that is the BCS. All of the Aggies I know are behind Alabama taking the title this year, personally, I hate to think we messed that up.

U: The officiating was bad. Not completely lopsided like we finally got away from, just bad both ways. Seeing a flag fly is like entering the lottery. Most of the time you have no idea what the call is going to be based on what has and has not been called previously in the game. My dream is for just one game, one, where nobody notices the officials.

maybe next year the cycle will reverse. TAMU > LSU, LSU > 'Bama, 'Bama > TAMU...
of course... then it'll be tradition.
TexasRebel: Payback for Fran? You guys stole Fran with our assistance. Y'all probably still have a "short rope" to prove it. Coach Stoops was kind not to put more than 77 on the Aggies and the Fran man.

Coach Bryant was an Alabama Alum who played on an Alabama National Championship team. He even played against Tennessee with a broken leg. Man, what's wrong with our current players? You were just lucky you had him for a few years and he was lucky that he didn't kill anyone at Junction, Texas.

I refuse to talk about the penalties, especially the last one.

Neverending

Suspended
Nov 19, 2011
The Good: Amari Cooper (6 rec, 136 yds, TD)

The Bad: Still no pass rush, 3 turnovers (2 by AJ)

The Ugly: A&M did whatever they wanted to do on offense

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The Good: We still have a few more years of Coach Saban as our Head Coach
The Bad: I believe the defense lacks the # of big play-maker's than in past years.
The Ugly: I am not seeing young budding superstars on the defense either like young McClain, Hightower, Barron and Kilpatrick's. Other than Millner, who are they?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The Good: We still have a few more years of Coach Saban as our Head Coach
The Bad: I believe the defense lacks the # of big play-maker's than in past years.
The Ugly: I am not seeing young budding superstars on the defense either like young McClain, Hightower, Barron and Kilpatrick's. Other than Millner, who are they?
Let's not give up on some players just yet. DePriest, Moseley, Ha'Ha, Lake, Duvall just to name a few. Big Lake is just a puppy and that big thang just looks like a Mt. Cody waiting to erupt. Development takes time, part of a player's development are the elements of time and failures. Speaking from a present tense standpoint, no, we do not have a superstar like Hightower, McClain, Barron, Cody, Upshaw. but the physical talent is there to develop into those type players. Let's just be patient and see how these guys handle the rest of the season and the offseason. I like our spot. :)

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
Funny, though, aTm's OT Luke Joeckel said that the crowd was the loudest he's ever heard. Jeremy Fowler of CBS Sports used the first line of his article to comment on how loud the crowd was. I guess everyone but Bama fans are impressed with the atmosphere at Bryant-Denny.
Good point. Everyone but Bama fans are impressed with almost everything to do with our program right now...

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
The Good: Even when we play our worst, we are still in position to win games.

The Bad: Our lack of discipline on Defense...something Alabama always prides itself on.

The Ugly: As others have said...the embarrassing play calling when you are 1st and Goal from the 6...and have every chance in the world to win the game...and we all know what happened. It's almost as bad as "Darby up the middle".

I fully expect us to refocus and dominate out next 3 opponents...which would put us in a BCS Bowl...either in NOLA or Miami depending on what else plays out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.