Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRebel View Post
    From the other side:

G: The atmosphere and the game. The atmosphere seemed amazing last night (even while watching on TV) Not typical of games I've watched. We'll call this payback for Fran, but you still owe a little for Bryant .

B: It's one of those self defeating situations. No Aggie could want a TAMU loss just to leave an SECw team undefeated (especially in year 1. There was more on the line last night for us than just one game). We know what happened yesterday, but that's the mess that is the BCS. All of the Aggies I know are behind Alabama taking the title this year, personally, I hate to think we messed that up.

U: The officiating was bad. Not completely lopsided like we finally got away from, just bad both ways. Seeing a flag fly is like entering the lottery. Most of the time you have no idea what the call is going to be based on what has and has not been called previously in the game. My dream is for just one game, one, where nobody notices the officials.

maybe next year the cycle will reverse. TAMU > LSU, LSU > 'Bama, 'Bama > TAMU...
    of course... then it'll be tradition.
    TexasRebel: Payback for Fran? You guys stole Fran with our assistance. Y'all probably still have a "short rope" to prove it. Coach Stoops was kind not to put more than 77 on the Aggies and the Fran man.

Coach Bryant was an Alabama Alum who played on an Alabama National Championship team. He even played against Tennessee with a broken leg. Man, what's wrong with our current players? You were just lucky you had him for a few years and he was lucky that he didn't kill anyone at Junction, Texas.

I refuse to talk about the penalties, especially the last one.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Good: Amari Cooper (6 rec, 136 yds, TD)

The Bad: Still no pass rush, 3 turnovers (2 by AJ)

The Ugly: A&M did whatever they wanted to do on offense

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Good - 17 unanswered points
    Bad - not focusing on the run and time management
    Ugly - 1st quarter defense, turnovers

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The Good: We still have a few more years of Coach Saban as our Head Coach
    The Bad: I believe the defense lacks the # of big play-maker's than in past years.
    The Ugly: I am not seeing young budding superstars on the defense either like young McClain, Hightower, Barron and Kilpatrick's. Other than Millner, who are they?

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    The Good: We still have a few more years of Coach Saban as our Head Coach
    The Bad: I believe the defense lacks the # of big play-maker's than in past years.
    The Ugly: I am not seeing young budding superstars on the defense either like young McClain, Hightower, Barron and Kilpatrick's. Other than Millner, who are they?
    Let's not give up on some players just yet. DePriest, Moseley, Ha'Ha, Lake, Duvall just to name a few. Big Lake is just a puppy and that big thang just looks like a Mt. Cody waiting to erupt. Development takes time, part of a player's development are the elements of time and failures. Speaking from a present tense standpoint, no, we do not have a superstar like Hightower, McClain, Barron, Cody, Upshaw. but the physical talent is there to develop into those type players. Let's just be patient and see how these guys handle the rest of the season and the offseason. I like our spot.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by trenda View Post
    Funny, though, aTm's OT Luke Joeckel said that the crowd was the loudest he's ever heard. Jeremy Fowler of CBS Sports used the first line of his article to comment on how loud the crowd was. I guess everyone but Bama fans are impressed with the atmosphere at Bryant-Denny.
    Good point. Everyone but Bama fans are impressed with almost everything to do with our program right now...
    I'm a lead farmer

We are still Bama

BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Good: Even when we play our worst, we are still in position to win games.

The Bad: Our lack of discipline on Defense...something Alabama always prides itself on.

The Ugly: As others have said...the embarrassing play calling when you are 1st and Goal from the 6...and have every chance in the world to win the game...and we all know what happened. It's almost as bad as "Darby up the middle".

I fully expect us to refocus and dominate out next 3 opponents...which would put us in a BCS Bowl...either in NOLA or Miami depending on what else plays out.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.