Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Tides_of_Change's Avatar

John Fulton put some things together last night.

After being picked on for inconsistency for much of his career to date, Fulton played their bionic receiver he was giving up at least a half-foot in height to solidly. He walked the fine line of face-guarding on several occasions by reacting to the ball's arrival rather than initiating contact in times he was the only defense between an Aggie score. It wasn't the second coming on Deion Sanders by any stretch, but it was effective and hopefully a big boost to his confidence.
    With each of the safeties having a game he'd like to forget, Dee hobbled and Belue not a big target for A&M, Fulton reminded of Marquis Johnson against SC in '09. Picked on mercilessly after giving up huge plays earlier in his career only to shut his guy down and be pivotal. Let's hope he does something similar in his senior when he either nabs down a starting CB slot or slides in when one of the starts goes to Money or Star.

Here's to you, John! We had more than one #10 out there balling last night.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team BAMAccounting10's Avatar

Re: John Fulton put some things together last night.

I like to be supportive of our players and Fulton made some pivotal plays last night. Just looked at the stats and the WR he was covering had less receiving yards than I originally thought. He still needs some work in the tackling/physicality department but hopefully this builds his confidence. Roll Tide.
    Last edited by BAMAccounting10; November 11th, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

BamaNation First Team

I made the comment elsewhere that Fulton really stepped up. If a couple of the passes he broke up went for completions instead, the game would not really have been close.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrollTide View Post
    I made the comment elsewhere that Fulton really stepped up. If a couple of the passes he broke up went for completions instead, the game would not really have been close.
    Agreed. He got beat some earlier on, but he played great in the 4th, and we would not have been in position to win if he had not knocked down passes that would have been TD passes otherwise.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Fulton showed his tail last night, he really stepped up. Heck our whole defense stepped up in the 2nd half.

BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

God bless him. His twitter indicates his priorities are in the right place. Way to step it up J!

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

John Fulton put some things together last night.

Hard to stop a guy in his track when he out ways you by that much. He played great IMO.
    "With no power, comes no responsibility"

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Hard to stop a guy in his track when he out ways you by that much. He played great IMO.
    Exactly. It would have been tough for CJ to pull that guy down immediately. Great job John and very proud of your play last night.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

John Fulton +1 !!! good job JF, you've come a long way. RTR
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    God bless him. His twitter indicates his priorities are in the right place. Way to step it up J!
    What *is* is his Twitter handle if I may ask? Having a hard time finding him.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Fulton did his best Marquis Johnson impersonation last night. Last night's performance will go a long way in Fulton's progression into his senior year.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Third Team

john definitely brought his A game last night...

BamaNation First Team lincoln_osiris's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Roll Tide John. Keep putting in the work.
    I'm a lead farmer