John Fulton put some things together last night.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
After being picked on for inconsistency for much of his career to date, Fulton played their bionic receiver he was giving up at least a half-foot in height to solidly. He walked the fine line of face-guarding on several occasions by reacting to the ball's arrival rather than initiating contact in times he was the only defense between an Aggie score. It wasn't the second coming on Deion Sanders by any stretch, but it was effective and hopefully a big boost to his confidence.
With each of the safeties having a game he'd like to forget, Dee hobbled and Belue not a big target for A&M, Fulton reminded of Marquis Johnson against SC in '09. Picked on mercilessly after giving up huge plays earlier in his career only to shut his guy down and be pivotal. Let's hope he does something similar in his senior when he either nabs down a starting CB slot or slides in when one of the starts goes to Money or Star.

Here's to you, John! We had more than one #10 out there balling last night.

BAMAccounting10

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2010
I like to be supportive of our players and Fulton made some pivotal plays last night. Just looked at the stats and the WR he was covering had less receiving yards than I originally thought. He still needs some work in the tackling/physicality department but hopefully this builds his confidence. Roll Tide.

Last edited:

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I made the comment elsewhere that Fulton really stepped up. If a couple of the passes he broke up went for completions instead, the game would not really have been close.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I made the comment elsewhere that Fulton really stepped up. If a couple of the passes he broke up went for completions instead, the game would not really have been close.
Agreed. He got beat some earlier on, but he played great in the 4th, and we would not have been in position to win if he had not knocked down passes that would have been TD passes otherwise.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Fulton showed his tail last night, he really stepped up. Heck our whole defense stepped up in the 2nd half.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Fulton did his best Marquis Johnson impersonation last night. Last night's performance will go a long way in Fulton's progression into his senior year.

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
Time and time again he was on it. I would say Mr. Fulton just played hiimself into a starting role next year.Plus he will see that Atm kid again.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
He played like Milliner played earlier in the year. Dee was off his game yesterday. So was Lester. Sunseri isn't particularly good in pass coverage anyway, so that was no surprise.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
Thing to think about with TAMU is that most of the players they used were brought in by a NFL minded coach in Sherman. Although he could not get them over the hump, it's apparent he brought in some really nice talent. We got beat by a team with good if not great talent using a great gameplan.

TexasBammer

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2005
Hotlanta, Ga
That big WR made him look so small. LOL He really stepped up towards the end, though. Made some clutch stops when they were picking on him and kept us in the game.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
He should've started as part of a three CB package. Three safeties just doesn't get the receivers covered.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.