Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: We are not out of it yet

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    Oregon will not lose. K State probably won't lose, Notre Dame probably will lose.

Bama will not be in the title game this year. I fear we won't be in the mix for a while...
    Be positive. I'll remember this post when the season is over....
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Oregon will not lose. K State probably won't lose, Notre Dame probably will lose.

Bama will not be in the title game this year. I fear we won't be in the mix for a while...
    What makes you say this?
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation Second Team

I'm highly optimistic compared to last year.

We need a loss by ND to USC in a game that USC will be slightly favored. Probably by 3 or 4.

We need Baylor to pull an Iowa St. trap game on K.State. I doubt this will be an easy win. The bullseye is on them now. Then they will be favored at home over Texas by 7. Lots of pressure on them now. Damn they are lucky the B12 doesn't have a champ game anymore. At least a 40-50% chance they could lose one of these games.

Oregon hasn't really been pushed yet. Maybe they could get caught in the Civil War. At least they have to play an extra conference champ game. You can't lose if you aren't playing.

Odds are a coin flip. Of course we have to take care of business in the SEC champ game.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I think our chances for a crystal ball this year are now slim. But I thought we were going to be a bit down this year compared to last year anyway. But I dont think we are out of the mix for a while. We are still the class of the SEC and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. We have a lot of young players that have made significant contributions this year and many more absolute stud that are waiting for their call to join the Crimson Tide. The SEC is always going to be a tough road. But we are still the SEC's top dog, which will always mean that we are in the hunt for the championship.
    "The only thing I know how to do is to keep on keeping on...." Bob Dylan

I worry less about getting the upsets than I do taking advantage of it should the opportunity present itself.

Kansas State and Notre Dame are vulnerable, IMO. Odds are one of them finishes undefeated, but it really wouldn't be a major surprise if they both dropped games the final three weeks.

I'm just more worried about us. I don't care what kind of help we get on the outside, we aren't getting through Georgia and Oregon unless we play much better than we have as of late.

Big difference between now and last year. After the LSU debacle last year, all we needed was a chance at redemption. The team itself was all there, it just needed the opportunity to rectify the Game of the Century snafu. This year we need both a chance at redemption and some significant improvement. This team is just not a national championship caliber team right now.
    Last edited by BigEasyTider; November 11th, 2012 at 11:26 PM.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBammer View Post
    I don't think K State will lose. They are methodical.. almost boring to watch sometimes.. Very much like a consistent Bama with a better QB, and that's not to knock AJ, but to compliment Klein.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    that's fine, Bama will play Kstate for the NC.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood

please expound your fear for us??

BamaNation First Team PCBamafan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    same, even if 2 of the 3 lost, I believe sec fatigue will set in and someone will stay ahead of us.

Even with the SEC fatique out there, if 2 of 3 lose and Bama wins out, we will be in the title game. Besides, there is a long line of SEC teams behind us in the BCS this week.

They will hate us til they beat us! Until then, they better get used to some SEC team being there!
    ROLL TIDE!!

If Bama doesn't make it to the title game,the possibility of pounding ND would be a great consolation prize.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I like the positive attitudes all around & sure hope you are right. I do think anything is possible yet the chances this year do not seem as great to me.

Bama has to take care of our own business & hope others do not. After going to the SECCG we will need a very Big win there for any kind of chance. Bama can not play API or GA like they did Saturday.

The old quote from Ray Goff of "I think we are just going to beat the heck out of each other" is coming true.

I know t don't sound right but I was Never for aTm being in the SEC, these thems with something to prove & nothing to lose have crushed Alabama's hopes numerous times over the years.

It sure would be something for us to get another shot.

Thanks for posting all the positive messages.

Neither Oregon or K St have an easy path. Oregon has a solid Oregon St and Stanford as well as a conference championship. K State travels to Baylor and host Texas. Great opportunity for Texas to become relevant again. Roll Tide!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    I worry less about getting the upsets than I do taking advantage of it should the opportunity present itself.

Kansas State and Notre Dame are vulnerable, IMO. Odds are one of them finishes undefeated, but it really wouldn't be a major surprise if they both dropped games the final three weeks.

I'm just more worried about us. I don't care what kind of help we get on the outside, we aren't getting through Georgia and Oregon unless we play much better than we have as of late.

Big difference between now and last year. After the LSU debacle last year, all we needed was a chance at redemption. The team itself was all there, it just needed the opportunity to rectify the Game of the Century snafu. This year we need both a chance at redemption and some significant improvement. This team is just not a national championship caliber team right now.
    I think you nailed it BET. I said in another thread that psychologically this team now knows it can be beaten and that is one issue that concerns me about the SECC game. Like a lot of other sports, some teams peak early and some peak at the right time, not sure where we are right now. We can win out but it will depend on how we respond to a loss and we must improve on both sides of he ball.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

I want to be optimistic but I just don't see things falling into place as they did last year. At this point, let's take care of business which means DESTROYING THE BOOGERS!

RTR!!!!