Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    I worry less about getting the upsets than I do taking advantage of it should the opportunity present itself.

Kansas State and Notre Dame are vulnerable, IMO. Odds are one of them finishes undefeated, but it really wouldn't be a major surprise if they both dropped games the final three weeks.

I'm just more worried about us. I don't care what kind of help we get on the outside, we aren't getting through Georgia and Oregon unless we play much better than we have as of late.

Big difference between now and last year. After the LSU debacle last year, all we needed was a chance at redemption. The team itself was all there, it just needed the opportunity to rectify the Game of the Century snafu. This year we need both a chance at redemption and some significant improvement. This team is just not a national championship caliber team right now.
    Said differently, we need to worry about beating Georgia.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We are not out of it yet

I know everyone will get a laugh out of his, but said differently we need to worry about beating au.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Just my two cents A non SEC team has not taken home the crystal football since Vince Young engineered that miracle come back against USC in 2005.That was a lifetime or two ago.The media wants the SEC's reign to end, and with no undefeated SEC teams left, and with 2011 having had an all SEC national title game, well, that is going to work against us big time. Just my take.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

I know good and well we can lose to anyone, but I refuse to believe that we're incapable of beating Georgia. Hope the team gets its head on straight and we take care of business the next three weeks.

BamaNation First Team Im_on_dsp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    After going to the SECCG we will need a very Big win there for any kind of chance. Bama can not play API or GA like they did Saturday.
    Not really. It doesn't matter if we win the SECCG by one point or by 20. If 2 out of the 3 above us don't lose then we're out of the picture, regardless of what happens in the SECCG. If 2 of them lose then we're in. It's not a complicated scenario and how any of this happens is of little consequence.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I know everyone will get a laugh out of his, but said differently we need to worry about beating au.
    Well, I will say this. A loss to them would never be lived down by us. It would be WAY worse than punt Bama punt or 28-27. Some are starting to think that the barn has a chance against us simply because we lost to aTm. Not so. They have no SEC wins this season, and they are not going to get it together enough to even hang with us in two weeks.

01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation All-American TexasTideFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Who would have thought Oklahoma State would lose last year? Things happen.
    I agree. I thought we were out of it last year and like you said, things happen. The good thing is the target is off our backs now.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 64met View Post
    I want to be optimistic but I just don't see things falling into place as they did last year. At this point, let's take care of business which means DESTROYING THE BOOGERS!

RTR!!!!
    Agree. As much as I would like to see it happen, really and truly, what are the odds that everything falls right in to place for us a second year in a row?

01/04/1926-08/11/2012

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    its a medley and she (the fat lady) could still segue into "Yea, Alabama"
    Amen. And wouldn't that be cool to hear after Flight of the Valkyrie's? ;-) Anyhoo... Until you're mathematically eliminated which means the BCS speaks after the SEC game, the fat lady has not sung. Even if we don't get there, I think we'll get an awesome bowl game against a great opponent and something to play for. Proud of Bama! RTR!!!
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Second Team scoretide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Faith! got have faith! It can happen! Will it, who knows but it be nice to see the monkey on someone else and i don't think they can handle the pressure! This is just what nick ordered, We are within striking distance at #4 .Im sure coach has told them we are still in it plus i think we will play like a enraged elephant the next 3 weeks. To me the pressure look like it was starting to mount. I think we will play like we did in the capital bowl a couple of years ago. PLus you never know a injury to oregon's QB and they are up Sh** creek with out a paddle. Same for K-STATE. And ND well they don't don't even want none
    "saban has awoken a sleeping GIANT"

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoretide View Post
    Faith! got have faith!
    Meh, I'd rather have stronger QB play and a better pass defense.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I dont agree with the "Oregon wont lose" sentiment. They have the hardest path right now to CG out of the undefeateds. Stanford will be a tough game, then Oregon State will be an absolute battle. Say they survive those two games, then they probably get a rematch with a USC team that gave them a good run for their money. That is an awfully tough stretch. I think K State is destined for the CG but after that anything can happen. The real question is are we really that good? Lets be honest, GA is just as good as LSU IMHO.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotide14 View Post
    The real question is are we really that good? Lets be honest, GA is just as good as LSU IMHO.
    I think we're not as good as everyone thinks we were a few weeks back. I know our defense has "looked" good this season but I've never thought it was nearly as good as last year's. The same with our offense. Still.... LSU sucking against Auburn this season *was* an anomaly. That was not LSU. UGA was not as bad as they looked against USCe. I think we're 7-10 points better than UGA but that's just my opinion.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS